Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

orange hair, can anybody help me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LILlolita504 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILlolita504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: orange hair, can anybody help me?
    Posted: December 04 2008 at 10:17pm

i've been dyin my hair black for about a year. i decided it's time for a change, and wantd my blonde hair back! i go to Sally's and talk to the worker and she tell's me, l'oreal colorzap will strip the color.. i'll just have to do it a couple times. then tone it, and it should be a pretty dark blonde color. well... 4 boxes & a toner later, my hair looks horriable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  its got pretty blonde color roots. the rest is BRIGHT orange.  my bestfriend thinks that since its orange already.. i should strip the orange parts, and it'll turn white & i can dye over that. i dont know what to doo, i really dont want to put a dark color back over this after comming all this way! anybody had this problem? anyone knows what would work?? any ideas would really help!!!!

r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 11:10pm
You'll want to bleach it, color zap won't get you to a blonde typically, it's just meant to strip the artificial color, not technically lighten it.
doubt truth to be a liar.
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 10:36am
Yeah, I have to agree with the previous poster. Just remember black is typically a very difficult color to lift. Just do a strand test with some bleach and vol. 20 peroxide. I would not go higher then vol 20 yet. Then leave it on for 20, 25 minutes maybe (?) and see if it lifts to the right blonde shade you want. Just be careful, the rule is to check it repeatedly. Better to lift little by little, instead too much. Your hair is probably porous and you don't want to damage it too much...Good luck
LILlolita504 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILlolita504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 6:58pm
thanks lotss! but i didnt see these until just now. i already bleached my hair. now its a white color, like the inside of a banana. it still had a light orange tint to it, so i went back to Sally's. she gave me this stuff it says, colorful protein color filler  [[number 3 platinum]] on the bottle.  so i used it like she said,  and i dyed it the color she said too (a blonde color - that didnt even show). it stil has a veryyyyy light orange too it. im trying to figure out what to use next. someone told me its time for the toner now, but i dont want it to brighten the orange!! so should i tone it, or maybe put a dark blonde color over it? please help again if you know!!
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 7:16pm
Well I would not worry too much about brightening the orange,,,,the toner by its very nature should counteract the orange tones. Just don't get a color that has 'orange' or 'red' as its base color. There are so many gentle toners out there...I would get something with a blue-violet base. Maybe a semi-permanent or deposit-only toner. The clerk at Sally's may be able to suggest a good one. If you are wanting a really light blonde shade I would definitely not put a dark blonde color on....but if you DO want the dark blonde maybe try a medium blonde, because your hair will grab the color and come out too dark.
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 7:34pm
HI! I think they have Silent Snow 351 semi or Blissfully Blonde 355 but not 352 Precious Platinum (Born Blonde Semi's)

Or You could try 301, 302, or 323 Clairol Creme Toners For creamy white, platinum beige or platinum,  This uses 20 vol/ you may try diluting it on a strand test. There are Color Charm T18 White Lady if you reached the Palest yellow.  The Color Charm selection is skimpy for Demi & the 10NA doesn't look pale enough & Pearl you would have to get online (ebay).  I think I have looked up each Platinum formula in every color lineEmbarrassed

If your hair has had enough with the peroxide this week try some good  purple /  Silver Shampoo (Schwarzkopf Color Save) not @ Sally or Roux White Minx or Ultra White minx Fanciful Rinse or Goldwell Mouse Live Blonde... I could list more.

Please do strand tests before you color it completely...IT can make a WORLD of difference & is worth it!

Edited by borne.blonde - December 06 2008 at 7:37pm
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 12:22am
I'll be honest i wont use any clariol or whatever it is they sell at sallys those products to me are garbabe... at this point you have stressed your hair out so much the best thing imo is to start using a purple shampoo and conditioner that will take a lot of the orange out and put a leave in conditioner on your tips like a lot of leave in conditioner. in the future if you ever go back to a dark color and want to go to a blond again use v-lite i have seen pic of girls with black hair gone back to blond with that product and look amazing without all the yellow and orange. i'm personally platinum blond and use v-lite... but before you do anything else to your hair you should deep condition it i'm worried you have stressed it out a lot Stern%20Smile good luck though Wink
p.s. i know everyone will tell you not to use anything over a 20 volume but do a strand test with a 30 or even 40 volume. to be honest i have NEVER used 20 v when using bleach i always use 40 and i have never had a problem with it, do take into concideration most people are afraid of bleach because it can damage hair but i love bleach just dont misuse it and you wont have a problem oh and dont use a dryer just let the bleach sit for about 30 min if you decide to bleach again.

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - December 07 2008 at 12:28am
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic