Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to get rid of grey/blue tones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coloraddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coloraddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to get rid of grey/blue tones
    Posted: December 11 2008 at 4:19pm
Last week I had my hair highlighted (normally I'm brunette) my stylist wanted to decrease  the brassiness I came in with. I looked like stripey the cat with thick highlights and low lights way too dark. So I tried to lighten the dark with OTC product by loreal..had hue of grey/blue. Next I put GF medium blond on it, followed by now medium brown by someone elso. Still have tones of grey and surprised to see traces of highlights but they are ashy. I want brown, even with the brassy back at least it iwouldnt be grey/blue. Now what do I do? Considered going to Sally's but dont you need cosmo license to buy haircolor products?
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 5:32pm
Anyone can buy from Sally's, you don't need to be in the beauty/hair business. Too much ash and trying to lighten has caused the blue/grey hue. It should wash out after a few washes, however you can use a bleach shampoo to rid this hue.

20 vol peroxide
some bleach powder
15 ml shampoo
30 ml warm water
Mix together use like a shampoo for no more than 2/3 mins rinse well, and condition, should do the trick.

Karen.
karen sanderson
jackiedecalero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiedecalero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 1:50pm
Will this mixture get rid of the green as well?
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 2:16pm
Yes it should do, the above is a basic cleansing bath, just remember not to leave it on to long, treat it like a shampoo emulsify for 3 mins max.

Karen
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic