Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ingredient question for Lyris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ingredient question for Lyris
    Posted: April 11 2003 at 7:31pm
From your posts, you seem to be the ingredient guru

C12-14 Olefin Sulfonate...

What is it?

BTW, can I get that huge list of ingredients you've got?

Thanx!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 8:26am
Hi amc! Ingredient guru? Nah, just someone with too much time on her hands and access to a lot of somewhat useless information :-) Sodium C 12-14 (or 14-16) olefin sulfonate is a fairly strong (harsh) surfactant cleanser. It is also known as C14-16-alkene or C14-16-alkane hydroxy. If your hair is dry or you have a sensative scalp, avoid shampoos with this ingredient. Even if your hair is perfectly normal, repeated use of any strong surfactant (sodium lauryl sulfate, TEA-lauryl sulfate, etc.) can dry it out.

You are more than welcome to the list; send me your email address via the board mail option and I'll get it to you :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic