Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products for a faux hawk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xCensored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xCensored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for a faux hawk?
    Posted: December 26 2008 at 8:13am
I have a lot of hair and my sides are shaved out and I have a load of hair on the top of head.

I have a faux hawk but it takes me usually 15-20 mins to get it right, mostly trial and error with the product I use but I'm looking for a quicker way to do this.

I use tresemme conditioner, head and shoulders shampoo. After that, I apply spiker (water resistant glue). I also have 'big sexy hair' product hair spray but when I use it, I see like white spots on my hair, probably the mixture of the product-build up.

What steps/products do you guys suggest to do a faux hawk, quickly, yet professional? Should I use a hair straightener or no?

steps:
1. condition
2. shampoo
3. blow dry
4. spiker
5. blow dry
20 mins. after the 3rd step.
trliber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trliber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 7:42pm
I am really curious as well because I have tried the fauxhawk and when I got the style right, I got compliments on it, but when it fails I feel like I look really dumb haha.

I haven't found any true methods that work and have tried endless types of hair gels so I'm curious on how to do it too. I"ll be watching for replies here, wish I could help :(

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic