Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PreNatal Vitamins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PreNatal Vitamins?
    Posted: January 07 2009 at 1:44pm
I have very fine, and thinning hair my hairdresser suggested I try taking PreNatal vitamins.  Has anyone tryed this and is it bad to take these if I'm not pregnant? 
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 10:54pm
Hmm I wonder what the ingredients are contained in PreNatals for them to suggest it.
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 1:54pm
Supposidly Biotin and Folic Acid, but I noticed the one I'm taking does not have Biotin.  I bought a cheap brand from CVS.  My hairdresser has a client who is not pregnant but her doctor perscribed PreNatal vitamins for some reason.  She said her hair is growing really fast and is healthier than ever. 
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 6:02pm
Interesting...I just looked @ some of the ingredients and some pre-natals have biotin and some don't...But then theres these hair/nail vitamins that also have biotin and folic acid...I guess they vary, the one a day prenatals have less biotin and more folic acid than the hair vitamins I take.
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 1:43pm
I think I will try the Hair and Nail Vitamins because ever since I've been taking the Prenatal ones I have been extremely hungry. 
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 10:02pm
Wow, let me know how the Hair and Nail ones work for you...so far the only thing I've noticed is that my nails are much stronger
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2009 at 8:28am
I started taking the hair/nail vitamins about 3 weeks ago, but I also cut out sugar from my diet about the same time.  I will post if I see any improvement. 
Lynne Chapman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynne Chapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2009 at 6:28pm
The best vitamins for hair I have found is Recharging Complex by Nioxin. The are specifically for hair, skin and nails and are also a great mutiple vitamin.
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=BLUE][B]Lynne Chapman[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic