Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ion color question for Karen S.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bikertammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikertammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ion color question for Karen S.
    Posted: January 15 2009 at 1:42pm

Hey Karen, I noticed sometime back in a post you mentioned Ion had an additive to go into the color mixture to give more of a lift for a high lift blonde!? Well I am a natural level 3-but have been an Ion level 8 for 3 years now-I use 40vol with 9n-90 blonde to maintain a level 8. I do pull very warm when I do my new growth, so about every 6-8 weeks I will use the Ion blue bleach to paint on a few highlights to "offset" the brassiness! I would love to know more about the additive-I can't find anything here in the states about it! You are so smart and sweet- I would love to hear back from you on suggestions to oomph my lift ability without the bleach touch up!! My personal experience is Ion is awesome stuff and I get so many complements on my hair color!!!

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 1:56pm
Hi Bikertammy,

Your talking about the ion booster (000) which is mixed equal parts with hi lift ion colours to give up to 6/7 levels of lift. Where ever you buy your ion products from should sell the booster, they come in 100ml tubes and the numbering system for the booster in the UK is 000, may be different in the states. I hope you manage to find them.

Good luck, Karen.
karen sanderson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikertammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 2:02pm
Thank you for your quick reply Karen! I buy from Sally Beauty Supply and I have not seen that product but will definately look close! If I can't buy that here, do you have any recommendations for my situation. I have done the same process now for 3 years, and though it isn't a real problem, I feel that I could use the bleach less? I trust your opinion since you are also an Ion girl!Wink
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 2:17pm
The only other suggestion I have is use the ion 90:01 which is an ash and should cool down any brassy tones you have. Avoid the 90:02 as they are very ashy.
Karen
karen sanderson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikertammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 2:30pm
Okay, so for some reason the booster is not available hereCry So I will try using 25% of ash mixture in with my neutral mix for new growth!! I will STRAND TEST first and I can always stick to what has been working. The Ion blue bleach is pretty gentle stuff as far as bleach goes!! Thank you Karen, I won't bug you anymore today!!!
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 9:47am
You can ask me anytime, lol, no problem at all.

Karen;)
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic