Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Dry HAIR!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Dry HAIR!!!
    Posted: May 13 2003 at 10:18am
You may want to try a hair oil. I also had very dry hair from over-processing. I also have a dry scalp. I use a hair oil called Dr. Haushka's Neem Hair Oil. Keep in mind that this is a heavier hair oil and you shouldn't rub it into your scalp if you do not have a dry scalp because it can make your scalp feel greasy if you don't get it all out. But what you do is wet your hair, apply the oil throughout your hair and leave on for about 20 minutes. Then wash it out. Make sure to use shampoo to get it out of your hair. Your hair will be greatly improved! Use at least once a week, although you may want to use more often at first until you see it improve, then you can cut back. It is a little pricey, about $22 a bottle but it is very good stuff! (it can be a little messy too so be careful during application)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 3:36pm
First, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here. Secondly, I know this is not something you'll want to hear, but there is absolutely no way to repair damaged hair. Hair is basically a chain of dead cells, and without cellular regeneration there is no way of reviving it for good. However, good moisturizing conditioners and leave-in products containing panthenol, collagen, keratin and the like can imitate the look and feel of healthy hair by filling in the gaps between cuticles and coating the shaft. Your hair will feel smoother and shinier; however it is a temporary fix and lasts only until you wash/rinse all those nice conditioning agents away. Preventing damage is key, since it cannot be undone. Please consider this when further processing your hair--good luck!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Mymajojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mymajojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 2:29pm
my hair is sooo dry from this perm i did and then i used a chemical to straighten it

please help me

what will repair my hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic