Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can white girls wear Yaki units? Is it 'ok'?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Donnadiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can white girls wear Yaki units? Is it 'ok'?
    Posted: January 31 2009 at 1:22am
Hi! I REALLY need your help on this one, would be so great to get advice on this Smile 

Ive been wearing lace front wigs for 2 years now and been wearing indian remy silky straight hair since im caucasian swedish, BUT now I got this Yaki 1b coloured unit from a friend of mine and I wonder is it OK for me as a white girl to rock yaki units??? Or is this frowned upon, like im trying to be something im not? My own hair is pretty coarse, but still, will african-american (or african-swedish in this case, hehe) girls think im some kind of crazy wannabe? Maybe this is a really stupid silly question, and if so please tell meLOLTongueWink but I just want to make sure I dont cause some irritation with this damn (beautiful) unit on my head... I really love the yaki texture, so if this is 'ok' for me to wear id buy more of them for sure!

If this is 'ok' for me to wear, is it common, or have you seen other white girls wearing yaki? Whats your personal opinion on this? Do you think it looks stupid? When I see an african american girl with silky straight units I think it looks as great as if she would wear a Yaki unit, but maybe its not as ok the other way around so to speak...?

HOPE you can give me some answers!!! Tnx in advance!
Babykittyjade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykittyjade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 2:06am
gooood morning!!! personally i think if you love it you rock it!!!! and honestly being light skin as you are i think you can get away with anything without question!! i would say go for it!! i mean my natural hair looks like an afro lol but i always order 28 inch european remy!!! and i love it!!! lol some people beleive its mine and some don't but either way i love it so it makes me feel good to wear it!!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 8:09pm
i think this is the absolute beauty of lf's is you can wear the hair you wanna wear, and it doesn't matter if its not your natural hair texture.. as long as it looks good on you go for it.. its dream hair.. Cool
blayden123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blayden123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 12:12am
ITA... go for it! :) As long as it is complementary and you can look good in it... why not!
krystlegarrison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krystlegarrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 12:58pm

DO IT! I'm a white girl and I wore a yaki texture lace front wig and I got so many compliments on it!

Krystle
Choco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2009 at 9:25am
Ukranian and Russian hair textures are best for white girls really, but I see no reason why you can't rock a Light Yaki as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 8:18am
Hehe you are so right! thanks alot for you answers! Smile
lace mistress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lace mistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:42pm
light yaki
magnoliabird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnoliabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 8:32pm
Truly go with light yaky.  The main thing is choose a color that will compliment your skin, but light yaky would do nicely.  It will also be thicker looking so that is something to consider as well.
Have Beautiful Hair Everyday
The Lace Front Wig Connection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 1:51pm
Thanks for your opinions ladies! 
I agree that the light Yaki is great too! I actually ended up ordering ONE light yaki and ONE Yaki and I like them both. When im looking in mirrors outside the house and in the house it looks great and natural and im so happy with the fullness and lightness of this texture. Ive even asked my most honest friends (who thinks ive just got a regular weave) what they think, and they are amazed Thumbs%20Up 

newdiva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 5:59am
donnadiane.  do you girl.    wear what u want.   I'm a black woman and u best believe i will rock a Indian Virgin or a Chinese Virgin.   I'm not gone lie I get looks but hey they ain't paying for my hair.

I say wear what u want. 
HI!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic