Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst salon experience EVER?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst salon experience EVER?
    Posted: May 09 2003 at 8:40pm
Ok, this is going to sound crazy but I swear it's true. About a year ago I was at a salon for the first time. I have naturally curly hair and it gets tangled easily. I didn't brush it before I went to get my hair trimmed because I figured that the hairdresser would get the tangles out when she used conditioner because that's what I've always done and the same thing goes for the stylists I've had before. Now this was way before I really had any interest in hair care so it didn't seem as big of a deal as it does when I think back to that day. Here's what she did: instead of using a wide tooth comb or just finger combing it through she told me that she was going to rip my hair. Now, I didn't expect her to literally RIP it the way that she did but I was sure wrong! She grabbed my hair and actually tore it in about three places. All of a sudden I hear rrrriiiiiippppppppp. *Cringe* These weren't just little rips to remove a few tangles either. She actually ripped through about half the length of my hair(which was down to the middle of my back at the time). I guess that's one way to separate curls. I also think that would qualify as a stylist sin.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:38pm
Ouch!!! Bless your heart. I felt shivers when you described the "rip".

I know it was a year ago,but just curious, did you report this to the owner? And did you see any split pieces on yuor ends?
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:45pm
Back when I was in my 20's I went to a Vidal Sassoon salon in NYC. I had shoulder-length hair(which was all one length) at the time, and I asked for just a half-inch trimmed off the bottom; well, the cutter cut my hair to just barely ear-length, which was totally unflattering as it was all one length. Totally lame haircut! I was so upset that I didn't let anyone near me with scissors for at least a year and a half!
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 9:30pm
No, I didn't end up reporting it to the owner but the more I think about the more I wish I did. I didn't notice any more split ends then usual but my hair was in pretty bad shape at the time so I might just have been oblivious to the damage if there was any.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic