Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cowlicks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cowlicks
    Posted: May 11 2003 at 5:22am
it really depends on the severity of your cowlick and your hair type.
I know your a girl and im a bloke but i guess there are somethings that relate.
I have a cowlick that pushes my hair straight back but ive found that having your hair over an inch and a half on the fringe weighs it down.
my stylist used to leave my hair on the cowlick side a little longer than the other so it looked okay.
Nowadays I actually like the movement it creates and i just mess it all up and leave it.
It is possible to partially train your hair to fall a certain way and if you want to part it you should use clips and stuff and it should come right. If you want a fringe/ bangs i would opt for very thick ones with a lot of weight, and if you would like them short i wouldnt do it straight away - try some longer bangs before you go that way, that way you can see how its going to look.
a friend of mine at university has the same problem and we were discussing it one day and she actually has an undercut fringe with the cowlick and front being cut a lot shorter than the rest of the fringe, but not so short (ie - not removed completly) that she cant wear it up as well.
good luck
Samantha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:14pm
I have a cowlick on the right side of my hair at the hairline which makes it impossible for me to part my hair in the middle or on the left or wear bangs. Also, all my hair falls to one side. Does anyone have any advice??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic