Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

using multiple shampoo/conditioners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: using multiple shampoo/conditioners
    Posted: May 16 2003 at 8:09pm
I have three different shampoos and use a different one each day. One day I use Suave Clarifying shampoo, the next White Rain volumizing shampoo, and the next an Italian volumizing shampoo that I can't spell. Then I start over. I am looking for a different amplifying shampoo but haven't found one to try yet.

I don't use conditioner but if I did I would probably try a different one every day too. I also rotate styling products. I use a spray gel one day and a mousse the next.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 1:32pm
I switch products constantly, and my hair seems to like this. Plus, I get bored so quickly with products.

I wash and condition every other day. My weeks go something like this:

Monday: All-Soft duo
Wednesday: Avalon lavendar duo
Friday: All-Soft again, or Neutrogena Clean for Color (depending on my mood--sometimes I just CRAVE that All-Soft smell and softness!)
Sunday: Whichever ones I didn't use on Friday

Sometimes I'll use Aussie 3-min Miracle conditioner instead of the matching conditioner to the shampoo. Also, I keep a ColorVive duo at my boyfriend's house, and once in a while I spend the weekend there and use them. Goodness they smell luscious!

Once in a very blue moon, if my hair feels like it has a good deal of build-up, I'll use my boyfriend's Suave Clarifying or whatever Suave or VO-5 he happens to be using at the time, followed by a heavy conditioner such as Aussie.

Incidentally, I also switch off my leave-ins and gels. I rarely use the same one twice in a row, just to keep my interest.

Switching just works for me. I would be bored to tears using the same thing all the time. It's why I almost never finished a product in my life. I'd always get sick of it before hitting the bottom of the bottle.

I'd like to hear some of your regimens--please be specific if possible!

Elissa
[/url]

myhairsux View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myhairsux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 1:06pm
i'm curious as to if this is bad too. i have a problem using the same brand continuously because my hair gets tired of the same thing REALLY fast. so i use different products all week long. i know that some brands say that they need to be used continuously to see the ultimate benefit, but when i use somehting continuously, my hair becomes completely lifeless. i'll never understand how i can use and do the exact same thing to my hair 2 days in a row, and have my hair look and feel totally different!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 2:31pm
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using different types of shampoos or conditioners througout the week. I don't mean mixing the products to use at once, but say product line A on one day, and then product line B two or three days later.

I'm thinking about using organic products one day, and regular stuff another day. Or using drugstore stuff one day, and salon products another day. It'll help 'cause the more expensive things will be used up slower, but it's possible that the more expensive products won't be as effective. Any ideas??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic