Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Piercing Ears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Person View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piercing Ears
    Posted: May 17 2003 at 6:46am
Sorry, a little off topic, but when you get your ears pierced, how long does it take them to heal? Like, so you can leave the earrings out. And how noticeable are the holes after they've healed? I've heard that if you wear earrings for like, six months, then the holes are really really noticeble, is this true?
Need info please
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2003 at 10:28am
it depends on where in the ear you get them pierced and what your body is like. if you get it pierced down at the bottom then its a lot shorter than up at the top in the cartilage. when i got mine pierced at the bottom they said to leave in that same pair of earrings(without changing them) for at about 6 weeks and then to make sure to have a pair of earrings in at all times for the next 6 months. My mom, who had her ears pierced a long time ago can go for weeks without her ears closing up but i can't go more than a couple days or i have to force the earring through. the holes are slightly noticeable on my ears when i don't have earrings in but they aren't THAT noticeable. one thing i do know though is that if you wear big heavy earrings that weigh down your ears then the holes will be more noticeable. hope this helps.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2003 at 12:25pm
My wife has several ear piercings as well as her nostrils pierced. Piercings in the lower ear lobe you can go for some time without wearing an earring after you have had studs or earrings in for a few weeks. They don't heal that fast. I know with pierings in the upper ear area or nostril piercings, the holes heal up much faster. My wife rarely goes long periods without wearing earrings or noserstuds or noserings anyway so with her it isn't a problem.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2003 at 12:49pm
for ears i've always been told to not take the earrings out for 6 weeks or the holes will close up. i have both bottom and top of the ear pierced. even the middle part of the ear. it seems to work leaving them in for 6 weeks. other parts of the body is different. i have my navel pierced and they told me not to take that out for 9 months. that was back in 1999. i also had my tongue pierce but hated it and took it out in a week and it closed real fast.
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 10:09pm
Monica,
Did it hurt really badly to get your belly button pierced? I've had people tell me that it was a horrible experiance, and then others have said that it didn't hurt at all.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 11:02pm
Who told you it hurts Wheeler? If the piercing is done by an experienced professional in a hygenic way, it should NEVER hurt much!
I have 10 piercings. -( Each ear lobe pierced 3 times, both nostrils pierced, my belly button pierced, and one breast nipple pierced)-. .- None of my piercings really hurt. All of them healed well. It really isn't a problem. just have the piercings done professionally, follow the instructions they give you, and keep clean.

Piercings as well as face, ear and body jewelry are FUN and STYLISH and no longer taboo, all sorts of women have many types of piercings.

Three areas I never plan to pierce though;

One- My "private female area"
Two -any other part of my face other than my nose or ears.
Three- My tongue
There are some areas I'm just not interested in piercing.
You decide what you wanted pierced. And don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt much![wink
tina
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by wheeler wheeler wrote:

Monica,
Did it hurt really badly to get your belly button pierced? I've had people tell me that it was a horrible experiance, and then others have said that it didn't hurt at all.

hi wheeler
it didn't hurt at all. i've had no problems with it at all. i love my belly button pierced i had surgery in sept. and i had to take my jewelery out. i couldn't wait to put it back in. i felt naked without it! i think people who have problems with any piercing might not of went to the right place. or the right person.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic