Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Gonna Shave It Off!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelly40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm Gonna Shave It Off!
    Posted: February 23 2009 at 12:00pm

Hi, I'm new here and I could really use some advice.  I feel like a head case, because I'm so frustrated with my hair, I cry almost everyday. 

About a year ago, I was living with my parents in another state, to help my father, who was in hospice.  I needed a cut really bad. I admired my aunt's hair.  It always looked really nice, and her color was great. So, I asked her, and she actually made an appt. for me with her stylist.  She was expensive, but I was willing to pay for a good cut. The gal who cut my hair gave me the best cut I have ever had!  She gave me an inverted bob with longer layers.  I had never really thought of wearing my hair in this style, but I loved it.  I'm not exaggerating when I say tht I got compliments everywhere I went.  I even got compliments from men!  Even more important, it took me less than ten minutes to dry and style it.  I was happier than I had ever been, and it just seemed like so much stress dissappeared.  Needless to say, I went back. Unfortunately, the second cut was nothing like the first.  I don't really know what she did differently.  I just know that the cute shape and body I had was replaced with flat spots and holes.  I had gone from 10 minutes with my fingers and the blow dryer, to an hour or more of back combing, spraying, curling, teasing and frustration.  I had chunks of hair that were 2 inches shorter than the hair right next to it.  I literally just started wearing a hat most of the time, and I dreaded even trying to style it.  Well,  since that time, I have moved back to my home state, and I'm still trying to get back to the cut I had.  I have gone to 3 different stylists in addition to going back to the gal who first cut it. It's a mess.  It really looks nothing like the original cut.  It's technically an inverted bob, but the layers in the back are too short.....I think.  I mean truthfully I don't know, I'm not a stylist.  I just know that the left side, and the left side of the back of my hair lays flat on the top.  It's like I have this ledge.  I think I have a cowlick in the back on that side and I think it being to short causes it lay flat if I don't comb it forward.  The sides are crazy.  They are too long and I feel like I'm wearing a 1940's football helmet, so I just end up tucking them behind my ears, which is not how I want to wear my hair.  It seems to defeat the purpose of the cut.  I don't know what to do.  I can't imagine having to deal with this until it grows out.  

Can anyone give me any advice?  I admit, I'm vain.  My hair is really important to me.  If it doesn't do what I want it to, it ruins my day.  My whole attitude is different.  Is there anyway to encourage my hair to grow?  I don't want to sound silly, but I'm desperate.  And, once it does grow out, how can I make sure my stylist is consistent?  I'm ready to shave my head!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic