Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would love advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sheila Wendling View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheila Wendling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would love advice
    Posted: June 04 2003 at 2:41pm
Hi everyone! I''''m new to this hair community. Here''''s a brief rundown of myself...I just turned 30, have 2 daughter''''s (9yrs and 10mos), married almost 10 yrs. My hair is layered...The shortest layer (besides bangs-which I plan to grow out for the 1st time in 30 yrs)is down an inch past my collar bones. the longest layer is 1 to 2 inches past my bra strap. I''''m 5'''' 8" with a long torso. Now you all have an idea about me.
My problem is...My hair looks terrible despite my obsessive attempts to care for it. I''''ve been reading everything about long hair, from all the long hair sites there are, to this board, to hair magazines. My hair looks dry, broken, and stringy. I have wavy brown hair. Looks like it''''s becoming low density (considering I had a lot of fallout postpartum with my latest baby). Please give me some advice or ask any questions that maybe I left out some info about myself. I would love to be included in your support boards. Oh and a question I forgot to ask: Should I cut my hair to the short layers (which I really don''''t want to do), or should I wait for it to grow longer and then cut? Thank you! Sheila
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 2:46pm
hi shelia
how long is your hair? you said how long your layers are but what about the length?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheila Wendling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 3:08pm
How should I measure it?
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 3:13pm
Hi Sheila and welcome to the board

Please outline what you are trying to acheive with your hair i.e your hair goals in terms of style, colour, length, etc.

Do you have a pic of someone whose hair look you would like to emulate? You may want to consider loading it or linking to it so that we get an idea of what you want for yourself.

Take care

Uzi
Uzi

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheila Wendling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 4:04pm
Thank you Uzi for the welcome and reply!

I've decided I want my hair to be one length. One of my problems with the layers now is the longest layers (past BSL) are healthy and the shorter layers are the straggly ones. I've had bangs my entire life. Will try to grow them out but that's not my focus at the present time.

My color is dark brown. I've only colored it once. I used Feria Med Brown and it brought out all my auburn highlights and I believed really damaged my hair. I want to keep it my natural color. The Feria color that's left is the bottom half of my hair, but it's not that noticeable because it was close to my natural color.

My goal length is waist for now but may change to longer later. I don't even know if my hair will grow to that length.

I don't have any pictures to send you and I can't think of one to show you right now, but as soon as I think of one I'll let you know. Alanis Morrisette does come to mind though. Sorry to babble so much. I hoped I answered some of your questions.

Sheila

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 4:42pm
my advice would be cut it to your longest layer if you don't want a lot cut off at once. i had my hair layered and cut it little by little so i wouldn't cut off all my length. layers can make the hair look straggly when you want it long. in my experience anyway. i loved demi moore hair in ''striptease'' i was getting tired of my layers and just wanted it one length. my hair now with patience is to my waist.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheila Wendling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 6:38pm
Thank you princessmonica! I loved Demi Moore's hair then too and now. It's so healthy. Waist is my goal. I think I might go ahead and have it cut to the next layer up like you suggested. Thank you.
Sheila

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 10:46pm
your welcome i know what it feels like to want layers grow out and just have it one length.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic