Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Weaves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
magnoliala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnoliala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Weaves
    Posted: April 06 2009 at 9:50pm
I am considering a hair weave.  Is human hair weave worth the extra money and why?  Also if you could recommend brands for both non-human hair weaves and hair weaves....thank you soooooooooooo much!!Smile
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 4:51pm
Pros to real human hair is that it can be curled, colored, straightened, where as human-blends you really can't. And synthetics what style and color you buy is pretty much what you're going to get.

The good stuff can last long periods of time if taken care of right and can be re-used.

I think its a preference thing, I love synthetic, its cheap and has done right by me, since I can't afford that expensive stuff, plus the installs cost alot as well.

I've had so-called human hair that was horrible, and human that was good.

Any style you're looking for? Straight, curly, that can help with the listing of brands
Kimberly Young View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberly Young Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2009 at 10:33pm
I strongly recommend human hair to synthetic to all of my clients. I think this video from the Tyra Banks show says it all!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v78pKV22IA. I have been a hair stylist for over 20 years and let me tell you that I have seen a lot of junky products. The quality of the hair that I received has to be the best that I have come across. The thing that many women don't realize is that quality is key when it comes to extensions and making your hair look awesome. I personally use PerfectLocks for my clients. After placing the extensions in with the micro link system (it's so much healthier) have your stylist take a razor to the hair and not shears to get the perfect blending.
henry21r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry21r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 9:43am
what is fun in weaving the hair... i find it useless even if you are bald.. if we increase the protien intake and stimulant then hair growth increases... 
Henry Cuban Cigars
hairsaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairsaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 3:32pm
hi there,

human hair is always best because it gives you so much more flexibility to curl the hair or straighten it.  However  there are some great synthetic hair  for weaving in the market as well.  But if you are going to leave the hair in for at least 2 months you need to go with the human especially since you are going to have to shampoo your hair.

Just make sure before you remove the weave get the Take Down Remover to put on the cornrow braids   under the hair weave, so your hair won't get tangled or matted.
We want to save your hair
antoinette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antoinette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 6:38pm
I love human hair as well but I love my remy indian hair. It last a long time. I have had synthetic and its convenient and cheap but the only problem is it matts up fast!
www.myspace.com/netteo81
www.fotki.com/ifeyini
hairsaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairsaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 6:15am
That is true, synthetic hair does matt up  really fast.  But you know the Take Down Hair Products Line has a Moisture Restoring Hair Lotion that keeps human and synthetic hair extensions from getting dry and matted with daily combing.  Its not  greasy either. 

So if you do decide to go for the "convenient -cheap" synthetic weave you can still look cute and lovely with it.

cheers
We want to save your hair
myaluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myaluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2009 at 12:05pm
Human hair is definitely worth the extra cost. I still have human hair that is 2 years old and in perfectly good condition to be used again! And I use heat on the hair like no other!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic