Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

white skin, need cheap, long curly LF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimmyh51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyh51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: white skin, need cheap, long curly LF?
    Posted: April 17 2009 at 4:09am
Hi everyone

Excuse the title of this thread, was trying to fit everything relevant into the space!

Im a long time wearer of extensions, and just got my first lace front a couple of weeks ago, Beverley Johnson Pearl

I like it but the color of the lace is a little too dark for my skin, I guess its aimed at brown skinned women.

I am wondering if anyone here can recommend a manufacturer that makes reasonable lace fronts which are lighter, or have a finer fabric that will match my skin?  Maybe any white ladies on this forum, or any darker skined ladies who ended up with one that was too light for them?

As Im new to Lace fronts and live overseas where the USD is almost $2 for me, I dont want to invest in an expensive piece till Im sure of what I want. 

I also integrate my pieces with my own hair, so dont want a full lace piece  and found a lot of what seem to be the 'better' suppliers, are making only full lace pieces.

So ideally Im after:

- either a lace front and mono top piece, or a lacefrontal/closure, or a lace front/wefted cap with a large lace area.  Pref more than I have with this BJ one.

- heat resistant synthetic or cheap (cuticle stripped is fine) hair.  Not non heat resistant as I wear long hair & sleap in it, and cant get more than a week out of straight kanekalon, even with braiding it at night, etc

- looking for long waves or curls, ie body wave, to loose ringlet curl.  Not jerry curl or anything that tight.  I'd like to have that mane of long thick hair' look
 - I wear light browns and blondes so also need a supplier that makes in these - so many times I find a piece and go 'thats what I want! (hair type, cap type, length, curl etc) and it only comes in blacks and browns and reds GRRR we blondes have hair fetishes too!!

Something along the price line of the beverley johnson or not too much more is ideal.  I only expect to get a month or so out of it, - once I know what I want and if LF is for me, Ill look into getting a better quality piece

or maybe shaving my fine frizzy hair off (yes im white with frizzy hair lol)  but I dont have the nerve to do that yet....

If anyone can help (geniune replies not badly written spam please!) Id love to hear from you

thanks in advance

Oh PS, if it was a perfect world, this supplier would also do good remy pieces, so that once I found a synthetic I liked, I could switch to a HH remy and know that the lace front was going to be what i expected it to be...

and without hideous shipping cost (one place I checked wanted to charge me $132 usd to ship me about $100 worth of hair FFS!)

Edited by Kimmyh51 - April 17 2009 at 4:12am
www.boozehag.com
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 4:58pm
there's a list of chinese vendors where you can order human hair, or synthetic lace wigs at very reasonable prices.. you fill out a measurement form and they will make it to your spec's.. its on the first page of the newbies page..you would more than likely need a transparent lace color b/c that's what i wear and it blends into your skin.. you should also read the information in the newbie thread b/c that's where you need to start..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic