Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loreal Colour Expert

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loreal Colour Expert
    Posted: June 10 2003 at 6:00am
I recently underwent the new loreal product, and having read a ton of people having nightmare with it, and speaking to people around who've had a dream with it - I decided to do it myself, and see for myself.

Results? Non-dry hair, and it looks excellent. I've had so, so many comments on how nice it looks, and how great my hair has been!

Saying that, I made sure I conditioned my hair - deeply, 24 hours before I washed it, and then left it for another 48 hours before I dyed it (unwashed).

http://www.impressiveinstant.net/cassandra3.jpg (before, with dark brown hair)
http://www.impressiveinstant.net/hairdyed.jpg & http://www.impressiveinstant.net/hairdyed2.jpg

I didn't go dramatically lighter, just slightly. Enough to notice a difference!!

Overall? I'm very happy with it. :)
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 11:20am
Hi Kaycee

I did have great results too, color-wise, but the condition of my hair changed. I finally got it back to where I had it before, feeling soft.

Two months after I colored all the base color had faded to blonde. I got compliments all the time, but I used Briscotti, a beautiful shade close to my natural... and that was all gone! Just very blonde hair because my pretty little highlights seemed to have disappeared along with the base color. I was very light on the highlights, because I wanted the natural look. But that usually happens with me. I will color my hair a light golden brown and it turns blonde in time.

So I went ahead and used Natural Instincts Sahara, and then underneath I used Navajo Bronze. Wow it's lasting longer than the Colour Experte did. And I love the results, especially when I put my hair up.

This summer I am only nourishing it with conditioners and oils, then in the fall I will decide what to do.

But I don't think I will use L'Oreal dyes again. I love Open. It does a beautiful job. But a colorist told me that there is metallic (or something on that order) in L'Oreal dyes and it's not good to use it. I will need to research this a little more. Although Lilibeach and Sophie would know about this!!!

Congrats on you hair!
wittils
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 4:18pm
I love Open as well. Metallic bits as far as I know, doesn't allow you to use another dye over it. :)

I don't normally dye my hair too often these days - and if I do, it's low amomina, or semi-perm.

I was pretty lucky with Colour Experte. I know a lot of people who've had trouble with dryness after using it, and again, others whom haven't.

I'm glad your hair has gone back to normal.

Kc
<3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic