Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My wig won't stay on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My wig won't stay on
    Posted: April 19 2009 at 4:38pm

I purchased a wig months ago and I still haven't worn it.  I'm very upset because I paid $600.00 for it.  I really need it because my own hair is so thin you can see my scalp.  The wig moves too much even with the wig cap.  It just keeps moving back off my forhead.  What can i do with it.  I wish I could take it back, but I know it can't be returned.  Any help would be appreciated. 

What is a lace front wig?

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 6:10pm
How do you wear your hair underneath the wig?

Is it a regular wig with the combs...but for that price, I'm guessing its a full lace wig.

A lace front is a hairpiece that has lace from ear-to-ear, which will leave you with an undetectable and unbelievably natural looking hairline. The lace fronts, have monofilament from where the lace ends in the middle of the unit to the nape of the neck. Some other pieces have thin skin in the back so it can be trimmed back and glued down (these units can be worn in a ponytail).

A full lace wig is a unit made of all lace, it can be glued down all the way around the perimeter of the unit. You can wear this in a high ponytail. If you did not want to wait 4 weeks for a custom this is the closest you can get.

All of the units are 100% hand-tied and knotted.

Edited by _Princess_ - April 25 2009 at 6:13pm
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 4:21pm
Thanks for replying.  I have tried different ways to wear my hair under the wig.  I've put my hair in pins curls or wrap it in a bun.  But my hair is so thin that their is no bulk.  Like I said I put on a wig cap also.  It slides back in front so my hair line is visible and the back slides up.  

I don't think my wig is a lace front wig.  It is supposed to be custom made 100% human hair.  I had to wait 8 weeks for it.

I don't understand how you can glue a wig on.  Wouldn't that pull out or damage your own hair?
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 5:30pm
Your hair seems like mine.  I don't wear lace wigs, only tried regular wigs and I have the same issue, the wig and cap would eventually side off, thus making me so self conscious in them.

What I do now is braid my hair, in lil box braids, just take sections of the hair and braid it.  Then put the braids on top of my head and then put the wig cap on.  For me, with the braids the wig cap stays on. And regular wigs that have the combs, gives the combs something to hold on to.

It was all a trial and error process for me to find what works and what doesn't.  I also use a few bobby pins for extra protection (not sure how well that'll work on a full lace wig).

From what I've read, it can damage your hair/pull out your edges, some glue even eats at your hair.  I guess you can ask around or read up on the different types of glues or double sided tapes the ladies who wear LFs use.
4him View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 4:50pm
Jena - I had to do this couple of times.  I used the clear adhesive that you use for bonding.  Now I wear lf and use the adhesive.  You can probably use the tape also, that is used for lace fronts.  You can just put it around the perimeter of the wig or before you natural hairline.  HTH 

Edited by 4him - May 01 2009 at 4:52pm
To Know HIM ~ Is To Love HIM !!!
magnoliabird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnoliabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 8:40pm
If you want temporary hold, just use the tape strips around your perimeter below your own hairlin.  Sometimes, if the hairlin grows far out towards the face, you need to shave it back, but tape would work fine.  You should shampo the hair unit first.  That will also help the lace to adhere better.  Let it air dry then apply.  Keep in mind that using the tape around the front perimeter can give you a shine at the hairline in the front.   This you can do if you do not want to use the liquid adhesives until you become comfortable with the lace wigs.  I have been wearing them for 4 years and no one has seen my own hair in that length of time.  Heck, unless I take mine off, I forget that I am almost all gray underneath.  (LOL)
Have Beautiful Hair Everyday
The Lace Front Wig Connection
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 4:14pm
Thanks for all your replys.  I have tried my wig on so many times lately and I just don't like the front where the bangs are. It is never going to look natural in my eyes even if I can figure out how to keep it on. 

I don't want to use tape or glue or anything like that.  I'm wondering if a hair piece could be made out my wig.  So I can clip it on and wear the front of my own hair over it.  If anyone knows if this is a possibility please let me know.  With your descriptions I think I have a full lace wig.  It even has a strip in the front where I could put adhesive. 

I'm thinking of taking it to a shop that sells wigs and see what they say.  
If their is a possibility that It can be made into a hairpiece I would be so happy.  I already have one hairpiece that I love but I can only wear it in a ponytail.  I would love to have something I could wear down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic