Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! for Karen or anyone else who might know

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! for Karen or anyone else who might know
    Posted: June 11 2003 at 12:04pm
I need help picking out a Phyto shampoo. I've already tried 3 of them: The Phytocitrus, Phytospecific Vital Force, and Phytomacadamia. I threw away all of them except the citrus one. I really like that one as it enhances my blond highlights. The Vital Force, I thought, was nothing special, and the Phytomacadamia dried out my hair. I am trying to decide between the Phytorhum, Phytojoba, Phytobrush, and Phytonectar.

My hair is:
Quite dry and porous
Heavily highlighted blond (i'm naturally brunette)
Frizzy
Heat-styled constantly (with ceramic iron and hair dryer)
I deep condition once a week and ALWAYS use heat protectants.
TIA!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 1:34pm
Hi Kgirl,

Yes, the PhytoCitrus was specifically designed for highlighted and colored hair. It also does help enhance highlights as well as add some moisture.

Phyto discontinued the Phytoacademia and replaced it...more or less...with Phytobrush that is designed specifically to work with dry hair that has either been chemically processed like relaxed or permed and that is blow dried with heat on a frequent basis.

I personally alternate between the Phytonectar which is a repackaged S88 Phyto shampoo that was the very first shampoo I used from Phyto for my own naturally dry, wavy/curly, highlighted hair. I have used Phytocitrus and like it but my hair seems to respond best to the Phytonectar and the Phytojoba at this point in time.

I did not personally like the Phytorhum for my hair but I have talked to many that love it. I have also not tried the Phytobrush although I also hear great things about that.

One thing that you may want to consider is that sometimes the Phyto is so concentrated that some people do better to dilute it. I know that Phyto does not tell you to do that and in fact no shampoo manufacturer does. However, if your hair is super dry and porous from chemicals, sometimes you just need less shampoo than others. That is my own personal opinion based on my own experiences.

If you would like to email me personally to discuss this in detail offline I would be more than happy to discuss the pros and cons of each of the Phyto shampoos at great length.

But if you want my general opinion, I would suggest that you try the Phytonectar. If you are unsure you might want to buy the Phytonectar and ask if the place you buy from has any type of Phyto samples of the Phytojojoba. They are hard to come by but they show up from time to time. At HB.com we currently have a deal where if you buy the PhytoKarite conditioner you get a small sample pack of the Phytojojoba, Phytosesame and Phyto 7. That allows people to try the products w/out a major investment and if they like it, they can buy more. If they don't, no loss.

If you want to email me I will do my very best to try and give you more personalized assistance.

Best wishes,
Karen
shelton@hairboutique.com
http://www.hairboutique.com
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic