Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jojoba Oil & Vitamin E

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lil_bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jojoba Oil & Vitamin E
    Posted: June 13 2003 at 12:42am
Hi, I'm new in here.

I recently saw an oil (90%Jojoba, 10% E) which is written skin oil.

I'm wondering whether if it can be used on hair too.

What is Tocopheryl Acetate?

Thank you.

Debbie
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 8:18am
Tocopheryl acetate is vitamin E. Occasionally it pops up in shampoos and conditioners. I tried using it on the ends of my hair once but it felt rather gummy and left my hair tangled. It's probably better suited to skin: Vitamins have no impact on hair--they act as catalysts for positive changes on living, regenerative tissues, not dead cells such as hair.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 11:00am
That's interesting, Debbie.

I too once tried 100% Vitamin E Oil on my hair. I was not impressed. My hair is on the fine side and it got kind of tangled. Not really bad, fortunately, but it's not something I'd do again.
Other people here have said Vitamin E oil helped them. Myabe they have thicker hair.

I would look for 100% jojoba oil. Which can be a little tricky to find. You might call local health food stores, or look in the health food beauty care section of a big supermarket. (The beauty care section within the health food section- usually very small.)

I noticed GNC sells jojoba oil and I was excited because then I could get 20% off of it with my Gold Card. But I was disappointed to see it was not 100% pure. There were other ingredients on the ingredient list. Can't recall what they were.
Be sure your jojoba oil only lists jojoba oil on the ingredient list. :)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic