Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Cut Abuse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
merrymermaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merrymermaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Cut Abuse
    Posted: April 29 2009 at 8:42pm
Hi, I am new to this forum only because I have a question about hair being cut as a form of abuse. I am the mother of four children, the youngest of which is a boy of 9 years old. I am divorced and his paternal grandmother is a former hairdresser. She is 70 years old and still cuts and styles hair, despite the fact that her skills are diminishing and the fact that she wears a brace on her right hand from a car accident. My son visits her every other weekend with his sisters while his father is working. While there, the grandmother insists on cutting his hair because it is touching his ears and or his eyebrows which she thinks is too long. She cuts it against his will, does a terrible job, has already cut him with the scissors and insists that he should be subjected to this because she is his grandmother. My son comes home with a "mullet" and crooked bangs that I often have to have corrected by a real stylist. I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to whether this is considered a form of CHILD ABUSE. Not to minimize the real serious forms of child abuse but this is an adult woman who is doing something to a child's body against his will that has left him physically embarassed and mentally traumatized. He comes home from there crying, refusing to go to school with a horrible hair cut. His father allows this to happen saying that his mother is a professional. I have asked them nicely to not do this and that I will take him to a regular stylist. When I have taken him to a regular stylist, the grandmother finds something wrong with the cut and insists on "fixing" it which makes it worse. At what age is my son able to make this decision for himself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill by getting a Court order to enforce this but my son is now refusing to go to his father's and/or his grandmother's home. Please help.
Mary
Mary
aarose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 2:44am
Chinese experts Wednesday chided the UN Human Rights chief for her remarks over the recent riots in Xinjiang, calling them "biased" and "indiscreet".
world of warcraft power leveling
"The remarks will definitely hurt relations between China and the UN in the field of human rights," said Pang Zhongying, an expert at the international studies department of Renmin University of China.
replica watches
Navanethem Pillay, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, reportedly expressed concern over the riots in Xinjiang as well as the situation in Tibet while delivering a report to the 12th session of the UN Commission on Human Rights on Tuesday.
replica watches
She criticized the Chinese government for "discrimination and the failure to protect minority rights."
The report reflects "ingrained prejudice against China," and only repeated the old tones used by some Western countries against China, Pang said.
 Special coverage:
 Urumqi Riots
replica watches
Related readings:
 Syringe suspects seized in Xinjiang
 Rail-laying of Xinjiang's 1st electrified railway done
 Xinjiang will see mordern railway
 Police capture 75 suspects of Xinjiang syringe attacks
 'Terror gang' rounded up in Xinjiang
replica watches
Dong Yunhu, vice-president and secretary-general of China Society for Human Rights Studies, said some foreigners have always made their judgments on Tibet and Xinjiang based on fragments of information.
"They should try to know more about Xinjiang and Tibet, especially the government's policies and measures to safeguard human rights there," he said.
replica watches
Li Baodong, China's permanent UN representative in Geneva, also expressed regret over Pillay's speech and said that the current issues in Xinjiang and Tibet are "not about human rights."
"It is regrettable that the high commissioner did not respect the fact and interferes in the domestic affairs of a sovereign country," he said.
A different picture
In another development, a high-level EU official said yesterday after a four-day visit to Tibet that life there is quite different from what Western people are generally told.
"I must tell you that from what we were able to witness, there is religious freedom," Mario Sepi, president of the European Economic and Social Committee, told the media in Beijing.
"We saw people in the streets praying, going about their own business with their own personal religious beliefs. We visited two temples they were full."
Sepi said he was also impressed by the "tremendous economic growth" in Tibet.
Li Xiaokun contributed to the story
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic