Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paging Lyris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paging Lyris
    Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:23am
Hi Lyris, how are you? I'm not doing too well, considering I dyed my hair Saturday night a "medium golden brown" trying to get back to my natural hair color. (I previously had blond highlights), and the color turned out much darker than I thought. Well I really want to lighten the color up a bit and I remember reading one of your posts on the worst hair products in the world, and you said Matrix Amplify shampoo. I recall that you said the shampoo "blows" open the cuticle. If that's the case, would it work on my hair to get rid of the excess dye and lighten my shade? TIA!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 10:38am
I said that? I don't think so...I'm not familiar with Matrix Amplify. I think LiliBeach actually might have written that as she knows a lot about pH and I remember a comment like this. However, I definitely don't recommend using anything with a high pH (alkaline) to try to remove color. It will just damage your hair further and that's just not something you need right now (or ever!) Instead, I recommend a couple of things. First, be patience. Dark dyes tend to look really dense the first couple of days (I speak from ill-fated experience!) It will probably fade somewhat into a more managable shade. Secondly, if you are serious about correcting the color, please go to a salon. You will have to have the color lifted (i.e., bleached) and that's just not something you want to do on your own. Plus, if you do it yourself, you'll have no one else to blame if the end result is less than perfect. A salon will work to get it right.

I hope that helps my dear! Please treat your hair with care and caution....and best of luck to you!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 11:21am
Thank you so much Lyris! Sorry for confusing you and LiliBeach. Hehe. I just know that both of you have excellent information about ingredients in hair products. I did make an consultation with my salon for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, everything will work out.

Have a great day!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 11:31am
Good for you girl! I hope it turns out well...keep us posted!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 10:41am
Hey Lyris,

I did go to the salon on Wednesday and they told me all they'd have to do would put in some highlights and lowlights and some ash tone on my roots to take care of the redness. It would've only costed me about $70, which is pretty darn good, considering it could've easily been a hundred or more dollars. However, my mom is totally against it and will not let me do anything more to my hair, claiming it will all fall out. Even though I did go to an expert and got a thorough evaluation, she still believes her ways are correct and unmistakable. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to live with these red roots for a couple more weeks til my natural hair color shows through. Maybe I'll experiment with some color depositing shampoos, like Artec's. Anyway, there's my little update!

Take care!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 11:39am
I'm sorry to hear you and your mother had a parting of ways, so to speak, about your hair. How old are you? Some ultimatums are to be expected when you're a minor; however once you're an adult things change! (Although I'm 22 and my mother still wants to know where I am every moment of every day.) I hope that your hair turns out for the best, regardless what course of action you take. ARTec's shampoos are good for adding subtle color. I also suggest using a color conditioner in addition, as shampoos alone don't do a great job depositing color. Conditioners stay on longer and therefore the color adheres better to hair. Redken just came out with a new color depositing line and I think ARTec makes some as well. Let us know what you think!
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 4:21pm
Hi Lyris,

I am 17, but going to be 18 in 6 days. Can't wait! I was thinking about trying the Artec shades in some kind of ash color, if they do make it, to counteract the red. I'm just going to buy the conditioner; I think it would give me more results than the shampoo.

I will definitely keep everyone updated!
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 7:07pm
Well I tried the Artec Color Depositing shampoo yesterday in Ginger Root......yechhh! It didn't dry out my hair at all, in fact it made it feel HEAVY and gross. And the smell....god, how nauseating! :( I immediately washed it out and I can still smell a little bit of it. I immediately returned it to Ulta. I am thinking about trying Robert Craig Hair Color next; I've already ordered the No More Bad Hair Days kit, since my water is horrible. I've also ordered a shower filter for my shower. I'm pretty sure my icky hair days have something to do with my water. I'm not going to straighten at all this week, just let my waves fly free! Hehe.

I will post results as soon as I try them!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic