Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rejuvenol BKT getting this done next month!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rainseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rejuvenol BKT getting this done next month!
    Posted: May 07 2009 at 11:29am
Hi all,

I'm new here and I am going to get this treatment done next month.

I am not quite sure my hair type but it's more like this girls http://hairrepairteam.com/images/lindaba.jpg but box colored blonde. Very dry and very difficult to make presentable. I need to use a lot of gel to define curl which makes it stiff curls, crunchy.

I am at my wits end with my hair and I am willing to save 100 bucks a month to do this every 3 months. I have read on this forum about these treatments and have searched tirelessly the net for before/after pictures. I find the b/a pictures right after the treatment where the hair is perfectly straight. I know that after the first wash is the real test. I am very nervous to get this done. It's a lot of money.

Can anyone who has had this done with similar hair to mine tell me how their hair turned out after the first wash? Also, if you have pix that would be encouraging too As well as how long you can get this treatment to last. I read somewhere on this forum (can't remember which post now), that someone made it last 9 months, by washing 1x/week with sulfate free shampoo. I would be happy with 3 to 4 months, because I will make sure I save for this.

My hair has really started to make me agoraphobic. I know this is silly to some, but when I go in the wind, rain, humidity, the unpredictability of my wild mane is scary. It's just awful. I am willing to try anything to get some freedom. If this does not work, I may cut it all off to a boys cut, just for freedom, even though I don't have the face shape for short hair.

So as you all can see by my post, i'm a bit desperate and would appreciate any advice on this treatment.

I read all the dangers about the famaldyhyde and am comfortable with the amounts used. So please no scare replys. I've read them all.

Hugs to all of you and I am so happy I found this forum!

laragn@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Rainseed

Edited by rainseed - May 07 2009 at 11:30am
Better hair, no therapy lol
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 8:13pm
OMG ......... I'm reading your post, and you sound just like me!

The hair in the picture is how my hair looked 10 years ago, only mine was worse.

I had a model friend in NYC.  She had curly hair, but it looked gorgeous, like Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex in the City, only better.

Alas, my hair was a tragedy, curly and frizzy in all the wrong places.  It was infuriating.  Every day was a bad hair day, but once every couple of months my hair would come out perfectly gorgeous.

7 years ago I discovered a miracle called Japanese Thermoionic Straightening.  It wasn't perfect.  My hair was poker straight, which isn't attractive, but still lots better than before.  After my 5th treatment I noticed my hair was crunchy and dry in spots.  I thought it might be because I was pre-menapausal at 48yo.  I really think it was a combination of having gray hair being damaged by the straightening and coloring.  I figured it was the end of the road!  It was all downhill from here.

4 months ago I discovered a real miracle called Brazilian Keratin Treatment.  My hair has never looked better.  BKT makes your hair young and shiny.  This is where us tragically frizzy girls get our sweet reward.  BKT doesn't look good on regular hair, because it makes the hair way too thin.  When frizzy girls turn 45 and get a BKT their hair looks better than the girls we envied when we were young!

LV

rainseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 8:24pm
LivLuv,

Again thank you for this.  I will sleep better tonight dreaming of smoother, less frizzy hair.  I have been so very worried and discouraged, because my hair is such a royal nightmare.  I want some peace and people that don't have this kinda hair may think this superficial, but its real hard to deal with every day.  I need to wet my hair, not wash it, but wet it down every day just to define the curl with product on the wet hair, than it takes like 3 hours to completely dry, my day is shot and I am still not happy with the results.  And if the wind gets a hold of it, it becomes a big poof ball.

Liv, does any of this sound familiar and now that I think you know my hair type, it's type "WAY OUTTA CONTROL" WOC lol ya think really I will love this treatment?

I love curls, but mine just mat up if even I try to take a nap so I don't even nap.  It's a living hell I'm serious.  I'm sure you can understand and youve been like a therapist answering my posts and not wanting to rip my head off for posting all these desparate questions.

Again, thank you really:)

Sincerely,

Rainseed
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 4:13pm
I can definitely relate.  I remember carrying around a water bottle to spray my hair throughout the day.  I thought about cutting my hair short so many times, but my nose is big.  Girls with cute noses look good in short hair, so that wasn't an option.

Your hair will dry faster after BKT, so please don't feel you can't wash your hair as much as you want because you're afraid the BKT won't last as long.  The BKT shampoo and conditioner help renew the BKT. 

You mentioned a girl who shampooed once a week and her BKT lasted 9 months.  I've never heard anything like that.  I have heard BKT doesn't last as long for girls who do a really intense workout and get really sweaty every day.  That's because sweat has lots of sodium/salt in it.  Sodium chloride in shampoos and sodium contained in sweat both break down the BKT.  Plus, because you will be able to do a BKT for only $30, you don't have to worry about having to do the BKT a little sooner.  They say if you do the BKT more often it has a cumulative effect, making your hair more silky the more often you do it.

I can tell BKT is going to be a life changing experience for you.  You're going to feel a weight has lifted, literally!

LV 
rainseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 4:22pm
Thanks again livluv I hope I will beable to do this home treatment later, but I am a bit intimidated by the process.

So, your home treatment was not that difficult?

again thank you

oh and happy mothers day, if your a mom or not:)

Rainseed
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 9:52pm
Rainseed,

Thanks.  I have a 19 year old son.  Happy Mother's day to you as well.

I was intimidated by the idea of doing BKT at home, too.  Painting the solution on my hair was super easy.  I'm really good at blow drying hair straight on a round brush and hot ironing, too.  I've been going to a beauty school every month to color my roots for years.  Most of the girls are lousy at blow drying straight. Only a couple of them are good at it.  I would advise you to practice blow drying hair straight with a round brush.  If that's too hard, try blow drying hair straight with a paddle brush because it's easier.  Once you get heat gloves, you can practice flat ironing.  After some practice you will know whether you can handle doing the BKT yourself. 

Too bad you don't live in Las Vegas.  I could do the BKT for you.  I think stylists are over charging for this, especially considering the economy.  I think it should cost $150, tops.

Good luck to you.  Hair is really important. Treat yourself.  As a rule, I don't spend lots of money on myself, but when it comes to my hair, I splurge.  If I couldn't do the BKT myself, I'd pay the price every 3 months.

LV

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic