Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jheri Redding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jheri Redding
    Posted: June 25 2003 at 11:01am
Hey,

I rung up my local Sally's, and apparently 'Aphogee' isn't made anymore (well, over here, anyway). However, I've been told that Jheri Redding does some very nice shampoo's and conditioners.

Never used them! Any info, greatly appreciated.

Kc
xx
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 12:06pm
No Aphogee anymore, eh? I guess the stench really got to some people....:-) Jheri Redding's Professional Rx line offers great options. The Super Protein Pak and the Humidifier conditioners are both great for dry hair, but the latter can be somewhat heavy if your hair doesn't need mega moisture. I have not tried any of the lines shampoos.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 12:07pm
Hey...is that your eye in the "eyecon?" Did you Photoshop it yourself? I like! Mine is in fact, mine.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 12:33am
Eye see you!!!!!

Just a little tid bit.
Did you know that Jerri Redding was the one of the co-founders of Redken? The first half of Redken is for Redding, the second half is for Paula KENt.
Back in the late seventies, Jerri Redding (a genious chemist) discovered that the formula and science behind Redken's products needed to be improved because of some scientific findings he discovered. He comes to Paula and says "We need to change the formulas, because of my new findings" Paula replies,"No way, they are selling too well". Jerri decides to part ways with Paula and sold her his share to start a new company...........Nexxas. While formulating the new product, he sold some of trial product to another company along with his name, and so we have......Jeri Redding.
Jerri died last year at the age of 97. He studied the chemistry of hair until the year he died. Nexxas was the last company he owned.
As far as Paula Kent? She sold the Redken company to Cosmair in 1996 while keeping a large number of shares. New chemist where hired and the formulas were changed to the ones we have today. Science still backs the Redken name. They explain to stylist why it works. No other company educates the stylist as "deep" as Redken does.

So is the Redken story............The end.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:26am
Now that, is some interesting finding!!!

So basically, anything within the Jheri Redding, Nexxus and of course RedKen would be beneficial to your hair?

Thanks honey!

xxx
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hey...is that your eye in the "eyecon?" Did you Photoshop it yourself? I like! Mine is in fact, mine.

Hey gorge!

I did that in PSP and Animation Shop myself, yurs. :)

xxx
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 8:18am
Nice work on the eye :-) Redken is my personal favorite of the three lines, although no brand is entirely perfect. However for the most part Nexxus and Redken shampoos are gentle and the conditioners do a good job, so there's not much to complain about (I am an All Soft freak!) It is surprising how many brands are owned by the same corporation. Loreal actually owns Redken along with a variety of others such as Kerastase and Matrix.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 10:31pm
Actually, Cosmair owns Redken and loreal. They also own Lancome, Maybeline, Matrix, Logics, Ralph Lauren, Keihls, Giogrgio Armani, Bio therm, Garnier, Helena Rubinstien and Cacheral.

This does not mean that they are all the same products. They all have their own Labritories and marketing pros.

The world doesn't seem so big when you look at things in a different view.

Sorry, I just find this fascinating.

Lyris, That is so cool that is your eye!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 10:33pm
Oh yes.

I believe Nexxus makes great products for the hair!! The jeri redding brand is old science, not that that is bad for you though.
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 11:08am
Originally posted by LiliBeach LiliBeach wrote:

Oh yes.

I believe Nexxus makes great products for the hair!! The jeri redding brand is old science, not that that is bad for you though.

Are all nexxus products good? I'm looking at the vita-tress....? I know nothing about it, though.. And keristan? How's that?? Oh! Loreal Elvive.. any thoughts?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic