Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to fade color, any advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crystal01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to fade color, any advice?
    Posted: June 10 2009 at 10:24pm
My friend dyed her naturally medium brown hair with Revlon #47 medium rich brown (on their website it says it's a deep medium brown w/ subtle red tones) and it turned out too dark, she did not even leave it on for the recomended time, she washed it out sooner then the recomended time and it is still to dark so she's trying to get it to fade out with out using a color stripper. I told her about using Prell shampoo because it's known to fade hair color but is there anything else she can do? Also she previously dyed it w/ Revlon #43 medium golden brown w/ gold tones and I don't know if that will effect anything.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sara_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 9:08am
I would reccomend you use a clarifying shampoo to gradually strip the color, Lush's shampoo bars strip color super fast however when you stip color using shampoo it also strip out some of the tone and richness of the color. I really would not use a color stripper as that is really only if the color as turned out completely wrong and you wanna dye over with a different shade, your friend only wants it to go a little lighter so deep cleansing shampoo and patience is the way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic