Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

so long shampoo! no hard feelings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so long shampoo! no hard feelings
    Posted: June 11 2009 at 4:14pm
(I am in no way affiliated with Sally Beauty Supply or Hair One Cleansing Conditioner)

I have finally found an amazing sulfate free, affordable, alternative to shampoo.  Hair One (available at Sally stores) is a cleansing conditioner.  it. is. amazing!!!!  I have been using Hair One since since March.  I have fallen in love with my hair.  my hair feels great, seems to have grown more, is more manageable and seems to really be holding color a lot longer than when I was using shampoo

I usually color every 5 weeks.  I haven't colored in almost 8 weeks (since I moved to Cleveland and my sister is still in Detroit and my sister colors my hair, normally I would be freaking out over not getting color - I'm not so worried)

Hair One is comparable to WEN by Chaz Dean.  same idea/concept - but at a fraction of the cost.  Hair One is $9.99 - much cheaper than WEN
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 7:31pm
Thanks for posting.  I will have to try this :O)  I usually use vo5 extra volume conditioner for my hair.  At 99 cents it can't be beat!  The only problem is in the summer when I sweat and my hair feels gross, I feel it does not clean it as well.  I can not wait to try it.  
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 2:53pm
I used to think that no-poo was not for me.  It made my scalp greasy and itchy and I couldn't stand it.  There was no way I could deal with the "transition period".  But I have gradually stopped using shampoo without even realizing it.  I already had a rinse and condition routine that I followed between wash days where I conditioned only the length.  I started using a dab of conditioner on my dry flaky scalp and skipping shampoo occasionally.  Well, it was alot faster than shampooing and conditioning, so I started doing it more and more often just to save time in the shower.  I would only use shampoo when my hair felt really nasty.  One day I stopped to think about it and realized I was only using shampoo once or twice a month!  My hair does feel better now than it ever has. (and the curls form so much better without shampoo!)  I think if I could find a really good conditioner that my hair loves, I could do without shampoo altogether.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 7:44am
I've been washing my hair with conditioner only for about 3 months. The best thing I've ever done for my hair is to stop using shampoo. My hair is so clean, soft and no frizzys!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 6:37pm
I have to work on how my scalp looks when I don't wash.  I have noticed my hair styles a lot better when unwashed.  I'm having trouble working my oil through to my ends.  I've been wearing headbands and scarves a lot more lately.  my hair feels great and I've noticed few splits.  I'd love to keep up with not washing as often, using the cleansing conditioner and just let my hair grow and grow.  I'm hoping my hair will be close to or (hopefully) past my waist by the time I graduate next year
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2009 at 9:10am
I tried something new for my inbetween wash days.  yesterday I used Suave strawberries and cream (not 100% sure on the "and cream" part, but def strawberry something) conditioner on my roots.  I massaged the conditioner in really well (like I would with the Hair One) worked it on to my ends and rinsed.  the followed with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle on my ends.  I clipped my hair on top of my head and went about with the rest of my shower.  after I rinsed my hair with warm and cool water, I put a few pumps of Hair One in as a leave it.  I wrapped my hair in a micro fiber towel for a bit, then let my hair air dry.

I haven't done anything with my hair yet today and haven't spent much time looking at it in the mirror.  so far my hair feels (and smells) great.  I'm hoping this may be my cure to "in-between" washings.  it's so much cheaper and I feel much better about what I am putting on my hair!

*now, if only I could post pictures on this forum, I could share my hair with the rest of y'all*
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic