Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Animal Testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberInRockFalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Animal Testing
    Posted: July 08 2003 at 5:01pm
Are there any animal rights activists out there? Anyone out there refuse to buy certain products due to animal testing? Products such as Johnson & Johnson , L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Oral-B, Pantene, Physique, Suave, Vidal Sasson, Nair, Clairol, Cover Girl, Dial, Gillette, Finesse, Salon Selective, and Thermasilk all do animal testing. If you really would like to help join peta2.com or peta.com If they ask for referral please put down vanillypop@hotmail.com
Rock Falls Girl
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 9:16pm
Paul Mitchell hair systems pride themselves in the fact that they do not test on animals!!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 6:59am
Peta is too militant for me, at least what I know about them.

It's an interesting list of cosmetic companies that do test on animals. I'm sure some of those products you listed are owned by the same big corporations.

Did you get the list from Peta? Is it a list of products that contain animal based ingredients or do their parent companies actually test on animals?

Sometimes the lists that come out, include both products that contain animal by-products and do animal testing.

I would like to see a list of Parent companies that animal test, excluding the companies that simply use animal by-products.

turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 9:33am
I'm really glad someone brought this up. I avoid all products that are tested on animals or contain animal by-products (because i am a vegan).
I use Sara Care Bhringraj Shampoo, Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner, Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn and Cucumber with Ester-C Facial Cleansing Cream, Desert Essence Jojoba Oil....
This is an important issue to me, because i don't think most people realize how badly these cosmetics are really tested. I've seen pictures and video- it's horrible.
There is a list of all the companies that test/ don't test on the peta site(and no, i do not agree with EVERYTHING that peta does, but they do make a difference).
Well, thats all i can think of for now....
AmberInRockFalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 7:08pm
All those listed companies are companies that TEST on animals, not that the products have animal-based ingriedants
Rock Falls Girl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic