Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3 bleaches, 2 highlights, 6 dyes in a month! Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 bleaches, 2 highlights, 6 dyes in a month! Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frances1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frances1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 bleaches, 2 highlights, 6 dyes in a month! Help
    Posted: June 12 2009 at 7:35pm
I'm copying a letter below this sentence that i wrote to a salon today about my situation. It's too long to rewrite

I was wondering if I could pick someone's brain there. I love your salon, I've been there a couple of times but the last time I came in I did not get anything close to what I asked for. Maybe that was my own fault, I said I wanted exactly what I had the time before and maybe the notes in the system were off. Looking back now, I should have been very specific as to what I wanted. Anyway I wanted light brown hair with blonde highlights (dye and a partial foil). I left with very dark brown hair with very few highlights that were almost a yellow color. I realize now maybe I should have come back and said something but I didn't.

Two days later I went to Regis and they gave me a soap cap, then dyed and highlighted my hair but this time it turned out a very light strawberry blonde. (My husband hates redheads!) While I was there the lady informed me that as she was looking at my hair it was obvious that I did not get a partial foil from your salon. I have no idea if this is true or not b/c I'm not sure that woman at Regis even knew what she was doing. My experience there was not a good one. I had to take off my shirt and put on a smock but the woman still managed to soak me twice, not just the smock, but soaked my jeans.

12 days later my husband's friend gave me the phone number to his cousin who does hair. So I go and see her, she says she has to get the color and I can come back the next day to do it b/c she only does nails...NOT HAIR! So I come back the next day and a friend of the owner of this salon has come in just to do my hair. She normally works at another salon. So she just does one color all over this time. When she's done my hair is CHERRY COLA and she says she's just glad my hair didn't turn pink b/c she hadn't seen my hair before this other woman went and got the color. I used Prell on my hair twice a day for the next three days trying to get it to at least fade a little.

4 Days later I get a hold of my uncle who used to do hair but no longer does b/c he has really bad arthritis. I tell him I want light brown hair and I even show him a picture. He has to bleach my hair twice and then he mixes two dyes together and tells me it will be light brown...Nope, after bleaching it twice it was pretty orange. When he dyed it he even added some tone stuff to tone down the reds and golds and it did tone some of it down but my hair turned out a golden blonde with a little red.

5 days later I go to Sallys and talk to a lady there who suggests I just use a temporary color b/c I've dyed it so much lately. I choose a light warm brown color and add some of that toner to keep down the red and golds and I like the color but it was completely washed out in 3 days.

Yesterday frustrated by all of this I decide I'm going to have to fix it myself. I can no longer afford to pay ANYONE at all to do anything to it. I have spent $450 trying to get my hair light brown with blonde highlights. So I go to the store and buy a box of herbal essences hair dye. Color 54 Amber shimmer also called Light pure golden brown. I leave it on for the maximum of 45 minutes and my hair is now a medium strawberry blonde. The first thing out of my husbands mouth when he walked in the door was "your hair looks really red today". Maybe this color didn't work b/c it's meant for darker hair. Maybe I needed to add that purplish tone stuff that tones down reds and golds...maybe, maybe, maybe.

I can't even pay my mortgage after this disaster. I do realize the many mistakes along the way and should have just come back to your salon. I love the woman who normally does my hair but at the moment I am trying to figure out how to afford to buy the two boxes of dye to do it myself.

Could someone please advise what color I can put on my medium strawberry blonde hair to get it a light brown color. I have been conditioning the hell out of my hair and it still feels pretty good. This last herbal essences color dried out my hair the most but it's still not fried like it should be. I do have pretty strong hair, as a teenager I was bleaching and dying my hair just about every month. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

PS- I'm not even sure if it's medium strawberry blonde, it looks very orange to me...depending on the light
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic