Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6 months progress pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stargazer027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 months progress pics
    Posted: June 15 2009 at 6:56am
hey,  just wanted to post my progress pics to see what you think , Im thinking my hair grows really slow for 6 months... but tell me what you think!!!! I have cut off about 2-3 inches between pics 
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:04am
If you want to grow your hair long, why did you cut off 2-3 inches between pics?
Who has more fun than people?
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 10:04am
I think you have great great growth. Your hair is really pretty too :) How long is your hair goal? Did you feel good to get your hair in a ponytail for the first time?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 3:44pm
     Welcome Stargazer! Big%20smile I'm surprised that your hair looks so much longer despite your 3" trim. The average person's hair grows about 6" per year, you cut 3" yet it looks 2" longer now. My wife has gone as long as 25 months without a trim. Everyone is different, and hers develops a slight wave at the ends, so the unevenness was not noticable. But really, *at most*, I think that someone trying to attain long hair should have half an inch taken off every 6 months. Looking at your locks, I think you'll be very impressed by December if you avoid trmming.
     I KNOW there are exceptions, but most stylists don't know what a *trim* means. And they most often take twice the hair requested if you're specific. I've heard dozens and dozens of horror stories. Even in your example, I can't imagine why anyone would take 3"  from the hair of someone who expressly says she is growing out. They do know that frustration leads to more visits to the salon. I'm not saying that's *her* motivation, but I'm ultra-suspicious after all these years.
     All the best to you. You can and will make your goals. Look at some of the women here for inspiration. My own wife started at spiked pixie in June '98, and she's fluctuated between waist and tailbone for the past 4.5 years! Wink Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 10:40pm

Hi thanx Bob and Pburgh, I will try to go till december with no trims I think it will be much easier now that its getting longer because when it was shorter it would stick out everywhere because its wavy/curly...

And to  kramer I cut a few inches off because I had some hairdresser totally stuff up my hair with highlights and my hair was breaking off so I now trim and colour my hair myself !!!!!!!!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 11:05pm
Very nice I wish you continued sucess. That is awesome you should get some really nice growth going to December with no trims. How is it being able to wear the ponytail now?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 11:27pm
Thankyou I wish you luck too... its great but Id rather wear my hair out I get headaches from having my hair up all day though I do tye it on top of my head when im sleeping in a loose pony only thing I hate is getting more knots now lol but its all good, I want to grow it to my waist if possible!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 5:18am
I never thought of getting knots like that but like you said it will definately be worth it. Waist length is going to be awesome for you !!! With your hair texture and that from the picture you should have no problem getting amazing, pretty waist length locks. I know i cant wait to get mine in a pony for the first time. My ultimate goal is mid back or lower back hopefully :) Any advice for me growing it out? Thanks. :)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 8:56am
Wow it has grown well even after a trim. Good luck in your goal. Keep growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 6:49pm
Hi stargazer027, welcome! Smile

I am so jealous! Wow, your hair grows fast and thats with a trim! Looks like your off to a good start. Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 12:56am

Pburgh.... My advice is eat right lots of fruiit and veggies and make sure you get enough protein in your diet  and drink lots of water !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 1:00am

Edited by stargazer027 - June 17 2009 at 1:07am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 5:56am
Thanks for the advice I will deifnately use it. Good luck. I really hope you post more progress pics. YOu should def post some in diff styles too like ponytails and that :)
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 9:46pm
I don't know if it's unnecessary, she must just want a change, but her hair is suffering a bit from it.

I know how hard it is to lighten up after all that dark dye!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic