Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight Hair Frizz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
krledu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krledu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight Hair Frizz
    Posted: July 06 2009 at 6:47pm
I have extremely long straight hair that is about to my knees and I am about 5'7. I don't cut my hair for personal reasons and most of the time I don't mind it. But the problem is that my hair is very frizzy. My hair is very fine but I have a lot of it. Its also very oily. I want to put something into to help the frizziness. When I look up products for frizzy hair, its all for people who have curly hair but not straight and oil does not work on my hair! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Kristin
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 2:15pm
Well, the oil really does work best for me, as most of the products they sell tend to build up.  If you have undyed hair, you can just use the products and use a clarifying shampoo every 2 months or so to remove the build up.  (Clarifying shampoo can fade some dyes).

If you only don't like oil because your hair is oily, these are really 2 different things.  You don't put the oil near your scalp, only from the ears down, and you don't use a lot at all (your hair shouldn't look oily).  If on the other hand you already tried that and know you don't like it, well, that's all I got! 

If your scalp is oilier than you'd like it to be, use diluted shampoo instead of concentrated, it will help your scalp stop overproducing oil to compensate for the overdrying that concentrated shampoo does.  You can mix it with water in a small bottle, half and half to even more water than that helps a lot.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 3:38pm
My first suggestion is to try deep conditioning treatments every month or 2.  I can't do the daily oiling either.  My hair despises it.

My second suggestion:  How certain are you that your hair is straight?  I've found that many people who believe they have straight hair actually do not.  To test this theory, thoroughly detangle your hair before washing, then do nothing to it afterwards.  Let it air dry in its natural state without combing or brushing.  Many times, people brush out the curls while their hair is wet and end up with fluffy straight hair.  If your hair is in fact curly or wavy, then you will need to alter your routine and treat it as such.
There may be no doubt in your mind, but without seeing a picture, I'm just throwing out suggestions.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 3:52pm
What I would suggest you try it a leave-in firzz conditioner like from Garnier Fructis or the leave-in frizz milk also from Garnier Fructis. I hope this product help you.  I love the length of your hair!!  I envy you but in a good way.  I wish that my hair was a long as yours.

Edited by Dark40 - April 26 2012 at 10:26pm
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic