Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

French Braid Pix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: French Braid Pix
    Posted: July 24 2009 at 5:06pm
Here's my french braid from today. A little messy but hey, it works!

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 4:38am
Wow Kitty Kat! I love this style on you. You have such a nice thick braid!
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 9:06am
Thanks Paper! I'm still not happy with the picture. Our camera has too many pixels and when I size it down, it comes out a little grainy. If I ever get that figured out, maybe I'll start a hair journal and just put all the pictures on there.

The suggestion about the clarifying shampoo is a good one. I do use it occasionally but I never thought it might help when my hair gets hard to comb. I sometimes wonder if it's also the weather and humidity. The last few days, my hair has been so soft and silky feeling. Then other times it's so coarse. I can't pin it down to anything I'm using on it.

Do you do anything else like mayo? Or do you ever use jojoba as a hot oil treatment?

I don't know about the email notifications either. I used to get them until about a week ago.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 9:18am
Wow I love the braid. Its sooo cute and def fits u. Nice and thick too it cant get any better. How long did it take u? Im hoping to try to braid my hair like that sometime :)
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 10:54am
Hey thanks Pburgh!! It probably takes five to ten minutes. Much less time than washing, drying, and curling a shorter layered style!! Gives you another goal to look forward to. You can do it!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 12:56pm
THanks that is def another goal I will definately do. Ill find someone to teach me tho lol. I honestly think having long hair sometimes is less time consuming than a long one cause u can always just through it in a ponytail or a braid and be set. what do u think?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Kitty Kat Kitty Kat wrote:

maybe I'll start a hair journal and just put all the pictures on there.  

I think you should start a hair journal! It would be a great place to post all your pictures. Then we can all follow your progress!
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 6:27pm
Hey Paper! I got my Flexis today. I haven't tried them yet but I'm pretty sure I need the extra large for a french twist. I don't think the large is going to work. They are very pretty though!

Pburgh, yes I definitely think long hair is easier, for me anyway. You're right...throw it in a ponytail or braid and you're good to go!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 10:59pm
Thanks Im glad u agree with me. I also agree with paper in that u should start a hair journal its a great thing to do :) How do u like the flexis? u should take a picture with them in :)
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 6:20pm
I LOVE the flexis!! They work great and they're really pretty. I DO need an extra large for a french twist though.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 7:41pm
Awwww im sooo glad u like them. What size do u need for a ponytail? Do u think I could wear them as a guy?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 7:25am
Wow, I guess you do have thick hair! What size flexi did you get? What style are you going to use it for? I'm glad you like it, I love mine!
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:21pm
Paper, I got two flexis - medium and large. The medium works for a ponytail, the large works for the "tail up" if you looked at the hairstyles on their webpage. I'll need an extra large for a french twist or bun. They really are nice. They hold well without pulling or hurting. I'm ordering the extra large as soon as I post this!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 7:10pm

Hey Kitty Kat! I just found out about this site. It's by the flexi-8 people. They found different things to make out of their flexi's. Pretty cool, huh? I'm thinking of buying a headband and O ring.

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 7:16pm
Oh Paper, you're a very bad girl introducing me to all these sites. I just ordered my extra large Flexi yesterday. It shipped today. That new site is really neat. I wonder how those Flexi's are made?? They don't seem to pull and/or hurt the way most hair things do. Let me know if you get an O ring or headband.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 10:18pm
Hey Kitty, what flexis do u think id look good with?
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 6:53pm
Pburgh, I don't know. Have you checked out their website?
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 8:37pm
NO i havent :( what is the site?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic