Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampoos for color *and* volume?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairhelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampoos for color *and* volume?
    Posted: August 04 2003 at 10:56am
Hey everyone!

I have very fine, color-treated hair, and I'm having a difficult time finding a shampoo that actually works well. I used Matrix Vital Nutrients for many years before they discontinued it (isn't that the way it always goes once you've found a great product?), and loved it. I have yet to find a shampoo that works even half as well.

I tried Matrix Amplify and felt like it weighed my hair down too much. Has anyone tried Redken's Headstrong shampoo?

I appreciate any suggestions, and thanks for the help! :)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 11:51am
Hi there! When it comes to fine hair, hair care authors such as Paula Begoun generally recommend using a shampoo with no conditioning agents (panthenol, collagen, protein, keratin, etc.) These work by coating the hair shaft, thus increasing the diameter of each strand ever so slightly. The effect is amplified when it's all over your head. However, these agents can also weigh your hair down if it's too fine, so you're probably better off forgoing such conditioning ingredients altogether. Bumble & Bumble Simply Shampoo is a great choice (if you can find it!)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
hairhelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 3:12pm
Thanks so much for the info! I'll look for the Bumble and Bumble shampoo... is that a salon brand?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic