Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bobsrock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bobsrock
    Posted: September 01 2009 at 12:12pm
first I want to say that I appreciate the enthusiasm you have and that I don't think I have any right to tell people what they should and should not post.  Feel free to disregard me.

That said the sheer number of your posts is getting pretty distracting.  When 1 person dominates so many "hey look at this" posts I can't even see if there are other people posting or new going up somewhere other than "I like this".

It would be a lot easier for me, and I would guess others if you would consider consolidating into a couple of threads "bobsrock celebrity short hair" or "makeovers" instead of constantly posting new threads.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you don't take it the wrong way.  Right now on myweb page you have started all but 2 threads and of those like 15-18 don't have any comments because they are just sort of "I think this is cool" threads.  I appreciate your opinion and actually like the stuff you find, I just think it can be presented in a way that doesn't dominate the board.
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 7:53pm
This post has been edited by HairTalk Admin....

We apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred.

Thank you to all who have contacted us about this situation.

HairTalk Admin Group

Edited by Administrator - September 02 2009 at 9:39pm
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 3:06am
I can't believe you've been a member for 8 days and have 211 posts, almost half as many as I have, and I joined in 2007.
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 6:19am
This post has been removed as per HairTalk Admin Team. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to our loyal members of HairTalk.

HairBoutique Admin Team

Edited by Administrator - September 02 2009 at 9:40pm
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 6:45am
Look, for the last time crazy person, I have short hair, my signature is not me.

You're obviously a sad, lonely person.
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

Look, for the last time crazy person, I have short hair, my signature is not me. You're obviously a sad, lonely person.

The response to this post has been removed by HairTalk Admin Team. We very much apologize for any inconvenience the postathon has caused our loyal visitors.

Thank you in advance for your patience and for letting us know about this situation.

HairBoutique Admin Team

Edited by Administrator - September 02 2009 at 9:43pm
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 7:57am
Answer me this before I lose all interest, what on earth made you thibk I had long hair?

At least I didn't tell you to "go jump back in the lake" as you so civilly put it. Now that's class. lolsign
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:04am
The postathon has now invaded the Celebrity Forum.
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:21am
Wink
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

Answer me this before I lose all interest, what on earth made you thibk I had long hair?

At least I didn't tell you to "go jump back in the lake" as you so civilly put it. Now that's class. lolsign
I was trying to be facetious.

btw, some of your posts seem contradictory. you said the makeovers which I posted links to looked horrible and you also made another antibob comment in another thread, yet I saw on another thread where you were praising bobs.

something tells me that you were looking for a fight. Wink
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:22am
Originally posted by makeitshort makeitshort wrote:

The postathon has now invaded the Celebrity Forum.
Is there a RULE about how many posts one can make?Shocked

if so, I want to see it and btw, I didn't create any threads in the "celebrity" forum. I was only responding to what others posted.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 3:20pm
Bobsrock,

I think that some of the posters have valid points.  I would agree that if you are going to post links to pictures of great short haircuts, that the posts belong in one thread.  You will find that those who really appreciate the effort will appreciate it even more from one thread, rather than 50 threads. 

I would recommend that you do one "type" of post per month, and add all new similar entries in the post.  That is, all picture links in one post, and all video links in another.  This board has always been more about advice, rather than posting a photo gallery.

When you post on this board as many threads as you are right now, it begins to look like spam, which I believe is not your goal here.  The long hair fans tend not to post so much here, so rest assured that most of us who read the posts on this part of hairboutique appreciate short hair.

As for replying to older posts.  It does tend to be redundant to go through every post of a Celebrity with a picture of short hair and say "boy, she really looks better with short hair".  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, rather how your style of posting comes across to myself, and I suspect, many of the others who post on these boards.

I personally really like the content, but I feel that it would be better in fewer threads.

Thanks, ssjockey

Edited by ssjockey - September 02 2009 at 3:24pm
TDurden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 7:43pm
lol.  glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this little postathon was a bit odd.  Aside from that I don't understand why everyone is so upset.  I want to see how long Bobsrock can keep this pace up lol. 

Aside from that maybe, for what it's worth, I agree that bobsrock should should "consolidate" as someone put it.  But there's really no rule that says how often one can post a thread.  So obviously we just found a way to improve the site...there you go.  Maybe threads should be restricted to a max 10 monthly NEW threads by the same person per month...aka 1 per 3 days? 

As for as Bobsrock, you're obviously very enthusiastic lol.  you have really scoured (sp?) the internet for some pretty great pics and some crappy ones too.  But, seriously, like 80% (and I'm being polite with the 80% - its more like 95% in actuality - of your threads only get responses from you and the message is ALWAYS the same).  Secondly, did you just change your signature twice in the same day?  just curious.

And alley,  the "your a sad, and lonely person" comment is a bit mean and a bit much.  Just a thought.  Afterall this is a message board for entertainment at the end of the day.  Other than that...I think you have a fantastic avatar and signature pic!!! Curious, is the sig pic Denise Richards though?  Probably not but there is a striking resemblence to DR.

PS I think this is my 3rd post!!! another benefit from this episode...got me to participate!
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 4:15am
His posts were taken down by the admins. Hmm.

TDurden, my sig is Mirranda Kerr, an Australian supermodel.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 1:05pm
So I never reported this person. 

I don't know what rule they violated but I just don't understand how someone could be in a message forum where the whole point is to have discussion with people and then think you have no obligation to be nice to those people. I re-read my post and I don't know how they could have been so snotty as to give that reply. 

Either they got banned or else maybe it is just that school started up again...

I have to agree the pace of links and post was amazing.  I look back at some of the early ones and they had like 10-20 links each. WAY too much time on their hands.
tukahe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tukahe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 1:38pm
I actually liked the work bobsrock did because he/she pointed out some amazing haircuts which I would have never seen without his/her hardwork.  Some of his/her links posted are a gateway to a treasure of short hair pics, GREAT JOB and THANK YOU!

Edited by tukahe - September 05 2009 at 1:39pm
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 8:45pm
His account was suspended. He was posting the same pictures over and over in -separate- threads. 200+ posts in one week starts to look like spam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 10:15am
I think his/her major problem was obviously the sheer number of posts in a short period of time.  I like to check out this board regularly & do post occasionally, but trying to wade through all his/her posts became a little overwhelming.  I ended up just ignoring almost all of them.  Really, over 200 posts in a little over a week?

The attitude didn't help either.

esmith7713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2009 at 7:10am
say what you will but these boards have been a bit less exciting since bobrocks left.... he had shared some great pictures...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2009 at 12:25pm
Less exciting?  Maybe less clutter.

I don't know if he shared some great pics as I felt overwhelmed by his sheer number of posts in a short period of time.  If he had spread things out over a longer period, things may have turned out differently.
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 9:09pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

Smile

!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic