Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm new here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm new here!
    Posted: September 03 2009 at 9:10am
Hi all,

My name is Dee, and I have been reading from this site a lot recently and decided to join so I might get some advice of my own. My gorgeous, thick, wavy, long layered hair was recently the victim of a bad haircut. The back top layers were cut waaaaay shorter than I wanted, and now I look like a cross between Journey's Steve Perry and Lena Headey's Sarah Connor on the recently cancelled Terminator television series. Ironically, I once coveted Headey's 'do, but decided that the layers were too short and the cut was not feminine enough to fit the rest of my classic, womanly look. It turns out I was right, and now I feel like a butch with a borderline mullet. No more rolling out of bed to great, shaggy, flirty hair! Now it is style style style, accessorize accessorize accessorize. Having been spoiled by my tousle-and-go style, I am somewhat clueless as to what to do with this mess until it grows out. So, I'm here hoping for some great tips!

I'm not a trendy kind of gal but I am highly style-conscious, meaning I want to look good by donning styles of clothing/hair/accessories/etc. which suit my physicality and personality. In my ultra-skinny teens and early 20s I did the crazy hair, crazy colors, crazy clothing thing. I'm now in my late 20s, work in an office, attend college, am average height and weight, and blessed with a pinup-esque womanly figure which I try to accentuate with timeless and feminine fashions. Extra points if it resembles something from the early- to mid-20th century. In general, if it flatters my face and shape, and is age appropriate, then I am all about it.

You can see why a hairstyle resembling that of an 80s hair metal band is somewhat of a problem then. I like to rock out to the 80s as much as the next girl, but it doesn't mean I want to LOOK like I live in the 80s.

Good hairdays to you all!

- D
lilisa.lopez21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilisa.lopez21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 10:34am
Hello, welcome to the forum and hope u will get lots of information here.Hope to see u around.
lilisa.lopez21
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic