Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want this color, but I'm in brassy tone zone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abbyart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want this color, but I'm in brassy tone zone
    Posted: September 05 2009 at 2:42am
Here is where I am at right now:  http://i32.tinypic.com/rh232x.jpg

and here is where I want to be:  http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u4lz5y&s=3 (Hayden Panettiere)

First, the hair in my picture is not the greatest because I was experiencing some frizz due to rain and humidity.  But the color is dead on.  I really don't want to have to resort to bleach, but I will if it's my only option.  Anyone have any advice for how to get it to the level I need it to be at?  Salon is just not an option right now...

Thanks!! :)
abbyart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 2:38pm
update:  i used head and shoulders shampoo and it already looks like the red tones are fading.  any thoughts on what i should do?
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 10:10am
Hi, Sorry tried to answer your post last night, but couldn't see the desired colour you are looking for via your second link.

If its a more ash blonde you are trying to achieve, use a 10/1, extra light ash blonde, that will tone down any warm/golden tones you have in your hair, if this is indeed what your trying to achieve.

I hope this helps a little, Karen;)
karen sanderson
abbyart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 12:43am
hey!  thanks for the advice.  i'm going for a hair color that's like hayden pannettiere's.  i wouldn't call it ash blonde neccesarily though... so idk if that's the best for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic