Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Abby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice!
    Posted: August 13 2003 at 11:32pm
I have thick red hair that's wavy and I have long layers in it and it's a bit past my shoulders. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and I've been told to get it thinned because it's so thick and bushy. I don't know if I should though because I've been told it could be a bad thing to do. Can anyone tell me what I should probably do?
Abby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 11:49pm
PLEASE I really need the help! I have to get my hair cut tomorrow
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 12:05am
Find a really good stylist and go to him/her, even if she costs more. Get the advice of an expert and have him tell you the best ways to wear your hair and not wear your hair. Next time, you can go to a less expensive salon, but you'll know how your hair's particulars.
Abby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 12:08am
Ok Thanks! I'll do that.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 7:17am
Hi Abby,

If I were you, I wouldn't get my hair thinned. I have similar hair (though not quite as bushy from your description, as I can get mine to lay down and cooperate with much perserverance) and had this done when I was 14. Thinning shears are, if anything, only a quick fix. They emulate the look of broken hair. When you have breakage, you get those little short pieces sticking up all over the place throughout the length of your hair. This is a major contributor to frizz. Thinning shears essentially give you those little hairs everywhere, and it's not a pretty sight. It looks great when you walk out of the salon but the first time you style it yourself...watch out girl!

That said, Rod is giving you good advice. You really should try to see the best stylist you can. He or she works with thick hair regularly and will be able to send you down the right path. Good luck Abby--let us know how it goes!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic