Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My 1st post :D need hairstyle suggestions (pics)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My 1st post :D need hairstyle suggestions (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blue_roses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue_roses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 1st post :D need hairstyle suggestions (pics)
    Posted: September 26 2009 at 3:55am

Hi everyone! Big%20smile This is my first post...I haven't had a hair cut in 8 months now and I'm planning to do it real soon Tongue...I've always been hesistant because I honestly don't know what I like...I do know I prefer longer hair (below the shoulders) though.

I'd really like a hairstyle that will emphasize my better features (I like my cheekbones) and draw attention away from my least favorite features (not too crazy about my nose). I'm tired of the hair-style I have and would like to update myself. I'm not sure what what my face shape is too. Anyways I'm hoping to get some tips on what kind of hairstyle would work well for me as I have a somewhat full face as opposed to thin.

I'm a college student btw. Below is a pic of me with my natural hair color (very dark brown, almost black) and texture (I have wavy and fine hair that tends to look 'flat' on top), and the other pic with copper-ish colored hair (the shade was called 'copper violet'). My skin tone is a light olive (when untanned). I don't curl or straighten my hair so it's always wavy.

Links to great hairstyle pics and any other kind of advice (make-up, haircolor, etc) would be much appreciated! I want to give myself a little make over.

PS. I'm new here and I don't know if my thread belongs here Embarrassed
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2009 at 5:37am
Just like to say hi!  You are a very pretty girl and I do think that long hair is nice for you.  My advise on this subject is limited.  But I can say that your hair style should create the illusion of an oval face.  By the second picture it appears that your face is appearing oval.  That's good.  And your eyes are large, which is a very good thing, too.  As far as color is concerned the second one shows a slightly lighter shade of dark brown with some red to highlight it.  That looks great.  Its probably the lighting and the picture development creating the look, but if you can emulate that, your hair would accent nicely.  A tousled look around the face might keep the direction of sight away from your nose, (which is actually fine with me,) and on to those eyes and cheeks and to your hair.

But, an actual hairstylist would also help in addition to non-stylist ideas

Hope you find your look.

SparrowSmile
Guys like me notice!
blue_roses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue_roses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2009 at 11:01am
Hi Sparrowhawk1161 :) thanks for the reply...I have always had longer hair...I've always loved the tousled look...I wash my hair right before bedtime and wake up to great looking hair, nicely tousled and soft...but just a few hours later it starts looking flat at the top :( I'm wondering if there are products out there I can use to maintain the soft-tousled-hair effect...I've tried volumnizing mousse and it works well until my scalp starts to get greasy (and this after taking care not to apply the product near that area)...ugh...then it just ends up looking worse. I really do appreciate your feedback though...I'm thinking of keeping my hair close to my current length but adding some layers (maybe long, almost chin-length type of side-swept bangs, more layers at the sides, and layers at the back too?).

Edited by blue_roses - October 02 2009 at 11:03am
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2009 at 10:35pm
Hey blue roses,
You have some great features (including your nose).  I would bring your hair up to maybe collar bone length - this would take some of the weight off and let the natural wave work better.  I would also add layers.  You should have some layers (bangs) around your face with some at your cheekbones. This would highlight them.  With it a little shorter and layers, you would rock the tousled look.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2009 at 11:05pm
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2009 at 2:16am
Lovesshorthair does have a point... By shortening hair a bit you can decrease weight.  And, the idea of hair just to the shoulders does allow for the ends to play around the nape of the neck and shoulders giving a very sexy look when you trun your head...well, to me, anyway!  I still like long hair, though, in general.  But, your face can get away with it. Layers are an excellent trick and gives the illusion of your hair being long.  It decreases weight so you can curl every now and then and go straight for something different.  Just be careful how short the layers come out, especially if you like to put your hair up.

Edited by Sparrowhawk1161 - October 03 2009 at 2:17am
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic