Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fried Hair & Easy Breakage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dilemma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dilemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fried Hair & Easy Breakage
    Posted: October 11 2009 at 6:13pm
I've been straightening my hair since grade 8. When my grade nine yr came I continued waking up in the morning throwing it up in a pony tail an wearing what most call boy clothes (T-shirts 3 sizes to big,track pants, baggy pants etc.) When second semester came along I decided to go more girly so I started wearing tight jeans an nice t-shirts (nothing too girly tho) an started straightening my hair everyday! The straightener I had at the time was nothing to powerful (the highest heat setting was 25.) When my grade 10 yr finally came around I started Getting more girly wearing makup,doing my hair,wearing girlier clothes,etc.)
AN STRAIGHTENING AGAIN! this time I went over board my hair wouldn't take good to the low settings of my old straighter an besides i threw it out during the summer. an my mom never did buy me another straightener till my birthday in November. I heard about this pink blow drier   made to straighten better then just blow-drying it straight how you'd usually do it. But sadly it sucked an didn't even straighten my hair in fact it just made it frizzy an a little less wavy. So my mom never did get me another straightener an I wasn't going to tell her that the one she got me for my birthday was crap (exspecially after It was the one "I needed to have") So one day my brother's girlfriend comes over an ask's me if i have a straightener an i said no! she saw my moms. Clothes Iron used it on her hair. I loved it so much I wanted her to do mine so she did an it looked so amazing so soft,shiny an silky, I started using the iron everyday an after a short while my hair started feeling fired I didn't really seem to care an kept at it. Even when it started to look disgusting from being so fried from me damaging it I just started letting it go dirty (not washing it for 2 days) I have really oil hair so you couldn't notice the difference when it was straight that it was damaged at all an i loved my hair that way. Now i'm older an smarter an I need to do something about it. I kept cutting it but it's not working well (trimming a little,cutting off 2 inches etc.) But it's too short to even cut it anymore. (an there's no way i'm cutting it all off) i'm going to continue letting the natural oils get to it but...it takes about 2 days for it to actually look healthy after i wash it. (even though it's not)an is dirty.

I've used...(HAIR STRAIGHTENERS,CURLING IRONS, CLOTHES IRONS AN BLOW DRYERS) All to STRAIGHTEN.

But I want back my healthy hair. :(
any help?

EDIT***
My hair even sounds like sand paper. I hate running my fingers threw it clean or dirty. When I brush my hair I get a bunch of one (cm)pieces of broken hair from the ends falling on me or when i run my fingers threw my hair it comes out in my hands. It's not too much but enough to have me worried. The ends look white. (I have 3 different colors of dye in my hair cause i stopped dying it. The roots are dark brown which isn't too bad until (4cm) down the hair. The back is the worst an the one side that doesn't straighten well. which takes more heat cause I keep working at it till it's pin straight. I Had it died red with Bleach blonde at the very bottom. The red didn't do too much damage. Then I bleached the bottom layer of my hair which looks looked like someone took a lighter to it. It's not anything like it was but it's still BAD!. The bottom of some of the strands of hair or broken an bent over just a little bit though with alot of split ends. The frying made the bottoms of the strands WHITE!. an there noticeable when straightened sometimes.

Edited by Dilemma - October 11 2009 at 6:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic