Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let Me Know

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MFDOOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFDOOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let Me Know
    Posted: October 21 2009 at 12:01am
Can i get waves with this texture??

I'm a few diff ethnicities mostly native and white.
I have thick, kinda coarse hair, but never grown out enough to tell if it curls.

This is my regular hair

This is my hair after i brush it out straight.

And here it is back to normal.

I haven't put anything on my hair yet, so i'm wondering

Is it possible to get waves
What products to use for my type of hair
Most important : how to brush, since my hair goes straight when i        brush how most ppls do to get their waves     

GOOD LOOKING OUT and please dont copy n paste other methods
Etreya809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etreya809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 1:01pm
Just from looking at those pics...

You can get waves (almost anybody can unless they got asian-straight hair) but they aint gonna be that poppin. What I mean by that is they're gonna be like 3 times as spaced out as Chrisdog212's, in other words you may end up with a max of about 3 waves on ya head. Ya hair will have to be around 2 1/2 inches long minimum to have these waves, and they likely wont spin all around ya head in 360's. For an idea as to what ya hair will look like, see this thread -> http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62283&KW=

To get ya hair waved up you'll need Carrot Creme/Pink Lotion, maybe Carrot Conditioner or some other deep conditioner, a soft brush (and a medium one for when ya hair is long), a du rag, and hella patience

Meth:
-Brush in carrot creme/pink oil every day in the morning after u shower. Du rag it for at least 30 minutes after you brush it in (preferably at least an hour), then keep it on or take it off and BRUSH (in the right directions)

-H20 meth whenever u want to. Shower brushing also an option. H20 meth is where u wet ya hair like u was puttin product in, then brush it til its dry. Repeat til ur hand/arm hurts.

-Wash hair every 2-3 days. Brush shampoo&conditioner in and out. Deep condition for 15 minutes every time u wash

-Wolf your hair til its about 2 inches, then get a trim starting at 3.5 wtg (with the grain) and keep goin down til it starts to cut some off

Eventually u shud start wavin up.
ETREYA THE WEREWOLF
Week 1-8 - Complete
Week 9 - Complete
Week 10 - Complete
Week 11 - Complete
Week 12 - Complete
Week 13 - Complete
Week 14 - Complete
Week 15 - Pending...
Week 16
MFDOOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFDOOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 5:56pm
Wow yea that J-kid ish dont even look too bad,
I seen some 100% whiteboys on here wit ugly waves
so thts kinda inspiring
i know i aint about to get some super make u dizzy waves.

N do u think i should cop some S-curl to get my ish curlin up or....?

much appreciated for the reply n the method fam!! this site is deadd.
notoriousdrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notoriousdrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 8:32pm
well im not gnna say its not possible cause in the beggining people diddent think i could get waves(i have curly,afro hair)....for right now try to keep your hair moisterized with something like cc(carrot creme) ... since your hair is pretty straight now i would recomend not brushing till you see that your hair is able to curl.. good luck!! nd keep us updated...
Do you know do you know do you know>?
Etreya809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etreya809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2009 at 10:28pm
Doom, s-curl dont really work for straight hair. If you got nappy jawns it turns it to super-tite curls hella quick but if its straight it really dont do shoot (i know from xperience). But yea keep us updated doe, im in the process of getting waves again rite now and I got pretty strait hair (straighter than chrisdog's but curlier than jkid's) and it take me like 1.5 - 2 months to start gettin some good ripples so we in the same boat right now lol.
ETREYA THE WEREWOLF
Week 1-8 - Complete
Week 9 - Complete
Week 10 - Complete
Week 11 - Complete
Week 12 - Complete
Week 13 - Complete
Week 14 - Complete
Week 15 - Pending...
Week 16
MFDOOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFDOOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2009 at 12:38am
To drock i have NO idea when my hair is gonna curl fam..im tryna grow my shoot out n its takin forever. My mom got wavey hair n my pops had super curls i hear. ALWAYS seems like my hair grows when i dont want it to (line-ups, fades) and BARELY grows when im tryna grow my shoot out.

Etreyea - Yea i feel u on that s-curl. One of my ppls had some for me the other day n it was super heavy.. never really dried up. I had to head out so i brushed up before and after i applied it, then threw on a wave cap for the day. Didn't work out. I just been brushin with water, raggin up, and puttin on doo gro just for moisturizing purposes.

I'm really tryna get waves tho while i grow my hair out so my ish dont look uncontrollable....but it seems like im just straightening my hair out more, possibly might have to wolf longer...

Etreya809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etreya809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2009 at 1:21pm
Bruh f*ck ya doo-gro, ya sh*t dont need it. All doo-gro does is add extra nutrients that tightly-curled (aka nappy) hair needs (cuz the curls & twists in the hair make it hella dry) in order to grow fast. Doo grow wont moisturize ya shoot right, cuz it aint formulated for ya hair type. Jus stick with pink lotion and/or carrot creme, im tellin you fam its the KEY to gettin waves with strait hair.

A quick tip to keep it lookin fresh while wolfin, don't line up the front dont even touch it with any kind of razors til ya head wavin. Jus get the sideburns and back lined up (also behind the ear) but the front curls up quicker than the rest of the hair and should swoop itself into a kind of baby-hair straight-across line at long lengths (longer than 1/2 inch) so u dont even need to trim it. Das what I do and the females is always like "LeMaur ya lineup so fresh, u jus did it rite?" and i smile n nod knowin i aint touched it in almost 2 months.
ETREYA THE WEREWOLF
Week 1-8 - Complete
Week 9 - Complete
Week 10 - Complete
Week 11 - Complete
Week 12 - Complete
Week 13 - Complete
Week 14 - Complete
Week 15 - Pending...
Week 16
MFDOOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFDOOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 9:38pm
Good looks on the info my dude,
and yo how long it take u to grow ur ish out after ur hair is too long to wave?
i havent got a cut since aug, jus lineups n trims...
Etreya809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etreya809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2009 at 3:13pm
Not really sure wut u mean bluh. How long it takes to grow it out AFTER the hair is too long to wave?

Anyway you aint been keepin us posted bluh. How em waves comin along? Any ripples yet? Post pics.
ETREYA THE WEREWOLF
Week 1-8 - Complete
Week 9 - Complete
Week 10 - Complete
Week 11 - Complete
Week 12 - Complete
Week 13 - Complete
Week 14 - Complete
Week 15 - Pending...
Week 16
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic