Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lyric*cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyric*cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie questions
    Posted: October 26 2009 at 3:27pm
I am wanting to go natural cause i'm tired of relaxing damage but am scared to because i dont know my natural texture. I read somewhere that you can alter/change your natural hair type. Is that true? Second I was thinking about transitioning with diva smooth. Have any of you tried it or heard anything about it?
plainmane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plainmane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 3:35pm
The only way you will know your hair texture is by letting it grow out, and even then the weight of the relaxed hair changes the pattern.  So you will only truly know once you cut off the processed hair.  You can alter your hair texture chemically(texturizer/mild relaxer), but if you want to have natural hair, that is not really the way to go.  I am not sure what Deva Curl is though, sorry.
Visit my site at www.plainmane.mybisi.com for beautiful hand-crafted hair accessories!
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 11:05pm
DevaCurl is a hair care product line that specializes in moisturizing your hair which is absolutely the key when it comes to African American hair types. Most of their shampoos contain low to no lathering agents that can strip the hair of their natural oils. If you do plan to go natural, it will be very important to keep your hair moisturized and maintain high elasticity to prevent breakage during styling.

Personally, I prefer the Wave Nouveau moisturizing spray/lotion because not only are they glycerin based (to maximize elasticity) but they also contain silkening agents to make natural tresses more manageable.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic