Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help. BIG TIME!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brellsm0114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brellsm0114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help. BIG TIME!!
    Posted: November 03 2009 at 11:29pm
AngrySo, I have thin naturally frizzy oily hair. I fight with it everyday. Every time I go to the salon, the stylist always tells me how awfully damaged my hair is. Then they proceed to go down the long list of things I need to be doing only to realize that I am doing them. My flat iron is ceramic and at the lowest setting. I use the CHI heat protection spray. I use CHI thermal shampoo and conditioner. I deep condition my hair three times a week. Once a week I use a hot oil treatment. I don't color my hair. My hair brush doesn't have plastic bristles, and I don't use hair ties. I'm taking hair supplements. I wash and style my hair every other day. Finally, I even have a leave product for split ends. I tried the Japanese hair straightening, it found it to be too harsh on my hair and to expensive. Anyone have any ideas on a non-chemical treatment I could try? As well as a good hair care system I should switch to? My hair looks fried and has split ends. I truly believe every woman should beautiful hair...so there has to be away to get mine!

Edited by brellsm0114 - November 03 2009 at 11:43pm
nati84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nati84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 1:54am
You are so right. Every woman does deserve to have beautiful hair. Ok here we go:
My hair is naturally very long and frizzy/curly. VERY thick. I colored it so much and used a flat iron on it way too much. I had to get about it cut off a few years ago and here's what I have done to grow it back:
-Brazilian Keratin Treatment-there are several types. I got the one that makes your hair board straight. But I wish I would've gotten the one that removes frizz and keeps curls. I bought it online and I do it myself.
-I use coconut oil-100% organic coconut oil in my hair before each wash as a deep treatment.
-I use sulfate free shampoo/condit-Derm Organics makes a great line of sulfate free products with argan oil which helps with you hair's health.
-I only wash my hair once a week-as you know washing too much dries  your hair out causing split ends and breakage. Wash once a week and rinse with conditioner every other time you need to wet it.
I have a haircare blog on youtube where I am showing the progress of my hair growing :) I would love it if you'd watch!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/PanawegianGirlie
Hope I helped!!
maralyn45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maralyn45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 4:36am
I advice you to use some organic hair products for you....It will definitely gonna help you....
secretchick154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secretchick154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 1:02pm
Sounds like your hair could use a little attention and TLC!
I second the Brazilian Keratin Treatment. I've done it twice now and I think I'm addicted to it :)
If you have thin, oily hair, the extra deep conditioning could be making it more oily and thin, and could be causing a lot of product buildup. Try cutting it down to once a week, and use a regular conditioner in between. You may also want to get a clarifying shampoo for use once a week, because I PROMISE the heat protectants love to cake up on your hair and cause all that damage (a pretty self-defeating prophecy, don't you think?)
I would get those split ends cut. You'll retain much more length later, plus your hair will look TONS better with an inch or two gone than with the stragglies dragging it out!
My hair product list is ever revolving, but for now, I use the Finesse Texture Enhancing Shampoo and Conditioner (from experience, I've learned that sometimes the moisture lines are too heavy for my hair, but it may work for you), the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Creme (yessss....YESSSSS) and the Aussie Moist Deeeeeeeep Conditioner. Hint, I use the Neutrogena for flat ironing too.
As a result of this change in products, people at my job haven't been able to keep their hands out of my hair.
I know this is soooooooo hard to do if you like to keep your hair maintained, I'm guilty of it myself, but every once in a while give those strands a break!! It's okay to wear a ponytail or cute low bun every once in a while! Even if it's for two days out of the week, those are two days that your hair can breath, the natural sebum can generate, and it takes a lot less time than the constant styling :)
Good luck with your journey back to healthy, beautiful hair! Keep us posted on your progress, please :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic