Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help spiral perm over proccess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gaia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help spiral perm over proccess
    Posted: October 02 2003 at 7:31am
Hello

I had a perm done a few days ago. It turned out like dread locks. I have been coloring my hair for the past year and half, and prior to this perm I had a color done 30 days ago.

Afeter two days I have washed my hair used a product from Redken a deep condioner, and on the same day I wash them again after purchasing a conditioner for damaged hair of Paul Mithcell. Now they are not as dry as before, but still they are not back to normal, near the roots they are very dry, and the rest of hair are freezie. Should I use a living conditioner? And what type of color and when can I do it again, I have lots of gray. Please reply. The name of the perm that was used is Wella, and so is the color that the so called hairproffessional used on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Write me if you have a wonderful potion,or ideas?!!
mite
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 9:29am
Hi Gaia, how are you? I'm sorry to hear about your hair woes (though "living" conditioner gave me a kick I know what you meant.) Unfortunately, no topically applied product can fix damaged hair. Hair is dead from the moment it emerges from your scalp, and without cellular regeneration your hair will NEVER return to its previously undamaged state. That's the nature of the beast, no matter what manufacturers try to tell you. However, a good panthenol/protein/collagen-based conditioner with silicone can coat the hair shaft, thus imitating the look and feel of healthy hair. I love Redken All Soft, and Nolita Moisturizing Conditioner is good as well. My favorite leave-in is Aussie Hair Insurance. Good luck!!!!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic