Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stress and hairloss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stress and hairloss
    Posted: October 04 2003 at 4:04pm
Hi,

I have been under so much stress in the last three weeks because my boyfriend of 4 years and 3 months broke up with me. We are back together now taking things slow. Anyways, I have been under so much stress that I noticed my hair was falling out more than usual. Is there any supplements (not expensive) I can take or oils that I can use or anything else you all might suggest I try to regrow the hair I lost from stress? I noticed extra hair falling out mostly around the hair line in the temple area and a little more than usual around the crown. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 5:39pm
I had the same problem years ago. I had a VERY stressful career, and in addition, I ate very poorly so I believe these two factors contributed to my hair loss.

I lost over 60% of my hair. It started in the front hairline, and proceeded in an overall diffuse pattern. It took several years of eating correctly, taking amino acids and hair vitamins and eating lean protein, the good fats like borage, flax, evening primrose, etc., and vegetables and fruits, nuts and avocadoes just to name some of the foods that helped. I also eliminated the stress, because it was taking a toll not only on my hair, but was causing my blood pressure to rise.

I started to meditate, setting some time aside to relax, and when I felt myself tense up, would count to 20 and take deep breaths. I know that we can't always eliminate all the stressors in our life, but we can manage the way we handle them.

Dietary changes are really important as well, so eating healthily is one of the best things you can do. I've been taking Hairtopia Vitamins/Minerals and the Herbal Booster and have just started taking Vivscal as well to increase the thickness of my hair and see if I can grow it longer. It can become expensive, but there are other great supplements out there that I've heard can really help (Ultra Nourish Hair by GNC being one of them).

Good luck, and take care of yourself. :)

Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic