Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to theforum and to lace fronts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kirsty_Virginia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty_Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to theforum and to lace fronts
    Posted: December 11 2009 at 8:47am
Hi there,
I am Kirsty I live in Virgina. I am new to the forum and I just wanted to say I am so glad I found it you have so much information.
I have been wearing extensions for about 7 years but I am really getting tired of them .

I am really interested in getting a lace front wig. I have recently started going out with a guy and i usually wear glue in tracks but its just so obvious  when he is running his hands through my hair! He has not said anything but i know he must be thinking whaaat is that in your hair.

I really fancied wearing a lace front similar to my own hair for 3/4 months until my own hair has grown to an "acceptable length".

I have been looking at the different sellers and i am thinking about purchasing this one. Please can you let me know if this is a good seller. Or any tips / advice before I go ahead. I have never purchased a lace front before so should I buy a really cheap one first to practice on?

Also how long do people tend to wear lace fronts for before reapplyign the glue? I was thinking i would quite like to take mine off for a day every week to wash my own hair.

Would this be possible or would it damage the lace?

Also is your own hair "safe" under the  wig. My mum has warned me against wearing a wig saying that I will end up bald...

Thanks in advance for your advice, very much appreciated. I clearly have a tonne of stuff to learn!

Edited by Kirsty_Virginia - December 11 2009 at 8:49am
Kirsty_Virginia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty_Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2009 at 8:49am
Sorry i forgot to post the link to the wig I am thinking about buying!

Edited by Kirsty_Virginia - December 11 2009 at 8:49am
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 11:53pm

Removing your wig on a weekly basis "should" not be a problem as long as the adhesive you choose lasts about a week. The problem is if you get a stronger adhesive that lasts 4-6 weeks and then remove it repeatedly without waiting for the remover to completely dissolve the glue. This tugging and pulling causes the lace to wear down very quickly.

Your hair will be safe under the wig as long as your scalp is able to breath.

Be sure that you are ordering from a reputable factory in China. We have heard some horror stories of products never arriving. Again, not the case with all places but please do your homework and good luck.

eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 10:02pm
Try ordering from a China Vendor. They are cheap, but it may take longer getting your wig because it is being shipped from China. I'm a beginner as well and I'm starting off with lace fronts instead of full lace wig. Its just a personal preference and they are cheaper
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 4:37pm
welcome to the board.. well i remove every weekend and reapply or change up.. you got to find an adhesive that will work good with your body chemistry..
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 10:35pm
I simply use bobby pins and the combs attached on my lace front
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic