Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair is too dark! I need it to fade!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair is too dark! I need it to fade!
    Posted: October 13 2003 at 1:09am
I recently dyed my hair dark brown, and instead of being the color on the box, it turned black. I immediatly went out and bought a light brown/red color to try to tint it to make it appear brown. Didn't work! Is there something I can do to lighten it but not cause too much damage to my hair??
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 1:44am
Might help if you wait a few days and see if it fades. Most dyes do fade a little after the first few days or a week, and you can see what it's like then before deciding if you need to do anything else to it or not.
More awesome than a manatee!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 8:30am
Try washing a few times with Prell shampoo, it really lifts color.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 8:02pm
Did you have color on your hair prior to this color?

Layering the color molecules will only cause color to go darker.

You might try powdered hair bleach mixed with a little shampoo. Suds it up and watch it for about 5 minutes. This works sometime, but not always on store bought color.

Good Luck
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Dyer34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

Try washing a few times with Prell shampoo, it really lifts color.

Yes, believe me Prell is your best friend when you want a color to fade.
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 8:18pm
dish soap (repeated several times) sometimes worked for me when I dyed my hair in the past. It's drying of course, so plan on doing extra conditioning after.
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 11:19am
I've heard that any anti-dandruff shampoo helps to strip color. When my hair looks too dark, I use Head & Shoulders to help "tone it down."
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic