Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Being Nappy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sonsunup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonsunup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Being Nappy
    Posted: December 21 2009 at 10:10pm
I live in Texas and most of the black women here wear relaxers on their hair or braids. Years ago I cut my hair really short then, a few years later decided to let it grow. I have naturally fine hair ( between wavy and curly). I get lost of compliments off my hair. But I find it intersting that lots of black people do not like to wear their natural hair. My hair is now growing back to its natural length, about almost to the shoulders. I wear my hair in a natural afro style with a slightly different twist. When I go to the store or public places people have a tendency to stare at my hair. While they are admiring my hair I feel very pround that I can chose to wear my hair straight or nappy ( I mostly chose nappy) because we as black women have that one thing any other race can not mimic and that's nappy hair. So I just want to encourage all those of us out there that want to take that leap of faith, go for it. Sometimes I might get a few giggles or weird stares and I know that that's only because it's not seen very often, so I ignore that kind of ignorance and keep on stepping. I must say I love, love, love, my beautiful nappy hair. It's hard here in Texas, plus only divas can do what I do and that's accept everybodies individual characters and style.

Edited by sonsunup - December 21 2009 at 10:14pm
Newlease
zhanghu123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhanghu123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2010 at 3:13am

I must say that I was more hurt than outraged when I heard what this man had to say...I guess it made me ponder, for just a minute, who I was. For someone of his statue to say what he did, made me think for one moment, how many other people felt the same way. It made me think about my big round eyes,ugg my high cheek bones my full lips and my round butt. It made me question my muscular physique and my dark brown skin and my hair...The more I thought about it the more I began to smile. GOD made me this way and if HE saw me as being well done and wonderfully made....why should I see myself any different? I love everything about my being. Black women are so strong and we have overcome so many obstacles. We will overcome this one as well. This man obviously has issues that run far deeper than the comments he made. GOD allows something good to come out of something meant for bad..ugg stiefel..Let's pray that our own will see how much their words have hurt our beautiful black women and stop "allowing" others to think its ok to say the same.....Joy. ugg boots
cheapest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheapest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 3:53am
Are you looking for Shoes?louboutin pumps We offer wholesales Shoes louboutin sale to you. All of them have high quality discount louboutin shoes and in the cheap price,louboutin shoes Click here to get 80% off from us.christian louboutin pumpsMoreover louboutin shoes we welcome you to Louboutin shoesrefund if you aren't satisfied with our products.
050607clh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 050607clh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2010 at 2:44am
Very good, use effect is very good after.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic