Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ack
    Posted: October 15 2003 at 6:56pm
I've lost so much hair while showering lately!!!

THe floor was covered last time and today there was craploads of it.

I thought i must have damaged my hair, but it doesn't feel very damaged, only a small amount of the hair is actually short, most of the very short hairs are black and curly meaning they've come from my sideburns/body hair, my head hair is dyed red and wavy.

I think it's because I've barely had time to wash my hair!! I'm letting it build up. I also haven't combed my hair much at lately (which probably causes the breakage when I do).

I really wanted to grow my hair out long and bleach it fully when the current red faded a lot (it seems to be getting good at it) so I could have really bright hair =( If my hair IS damaged I might be years before I get to (my hair is a ***** to grow).

It's probably all stress though. This student villiage is ridiculous - (like most student villiages) people outsde playing football till 3 O clock in the morning, people outside shouting and laughing till half 4... Poeple inside here playing Gamecube, watching television on full volume not turning it down for anyone... not to mention the mysterious creaking floorboards that wake me up at 5/6 O clock and go on untill the morning AND the building work which means you can't get up till after 8, which is a ***** when you get up at 8 a lot of days even if you can rely on the diggers to do so. I don't know what to do!

Not to mention the incessant loneliness, and lack of girlfriend, which believe me, I need, I'm really, really need the emotion of a significant other I'm a very sensitive person and an Empath if you believe in that sort of stuff.

And the competitiveness of our course, you get extra points for doing certain things in subjects, so Its stressful to keep up.

Stress is really starting to kill me!
I HATE College. If I end up with thin hair because of it, I swear I'm going to kill someone, probably myself.
The back of my hair is already thin enough (it's always been quite thin, it's really weird actually the barber i used to go to must have made it like that or something).

Okay this is getting personl but I've been here for a LONG time =P

I really, really don't want to loose my hair =( BUt I don't know what to do! I love my hair and I want it to grow really long one day.

The gods haven't been there to answer me lately...

Please help =(
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2003 at 7:44pm
Aww I'm really sorry things aren't going well now. It seems like you're attributing your hair loss to stress, so it seems like the best thing to do would be to reduce that.

Does your school have a gym that offers classes like yoga or pilates? I take a combination yoga/pilates at school twice a week, and I feel much more relaxed and refreshed afterwards. Maybe you just need a place to recharge, since it doesn't seem to be possible in your own home. If you want to try relaxing at home, you could try a relaxing hypnosis CD like this ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000544DX/qid=1066121523/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-4170223-0560841?v=glance&s=music ). I'm probably going to try that out because it got such great reviews. I wish you the best!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2003 at 8:03pm
Breathe, Buddy....Breathe. You aready know the answers here. Take some deep breaths and look at the big picture.

You sound a little over worked. The hair thing is the easy part...quit with the harsh color products for a while and do some conditioning...rub that scalp while your at it. This is good for stress....In fact can you afford a massage?

Hey, but really you most likely aren't going to lose your hair. It may be difficult to get some length on it, but keep conditioning....get some rest and start eating right, will ya?

Cheer's, Guy...you've got alot going for you, don't get down.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2003 at 8:51pm
Ok, college will not ruin your hair. Calm down, breathe. It's definitely a stressful time, since you're balancing classes and having a life. I would definitely try to find time to relax or exercise. It's important to find something fun to do at least once a week so you don't get bogged down.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 7:17pm
I doubt the colouring could have damaged my hair that much. I'm not intending to colour it again for another week and abit at least (Which is 2/3 weeks from colour) but not with permanent, only those dyes you tend to put on bleached hair (my hair is probably light brown ithout the red)

It looks like hte dye WILL fade to brown/orange though so I might still be able to bleach it.

I won't be bleaching it for a LONG time though.

I just want it to grow now =(

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of stress, lack of leep and lack of showers (because htat normally washes hair out).

Also lost password won't work for me.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 6:22pm
I just conditioned my hair and it feels great now (although too curly) I think I just need to condition it a little more, I've been doing it less rather than more lately despite my lightened(although not really damaged) hair which could be part of the problem.
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 10:10pm
Hey Vineman,

I feel the same as you about college now. I'm stressed about grades and crap like that. And I'm only a freshman in my first semester. I really got to start taking it easy though because I do not want my health to suffer. Believe me, anything is not worth your risking your health over. I totally relate to you about the "noisiness" of college dorm life. Have you tried ear plugs? Those work really well for me. HTH
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2003 at 6:28pm
My Hair is still falling out.... I only washed it once this week so thats probably why.
My hair doesn't feel that damaged most of the time, I've seen and felt other peoples damaged hair and it's not like mine at all.
I have split ends so maybe I should get a trim.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2003 at 1:35am
Does hair loss run in your family on either side? I hate to say it, but that might be the easiest answer. I've seen it start in some men as early as their teens.
More awesome than a manatee!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2003 at 6:39am
No, it doesn't. I'll just try washing it more.

My hair is still thick luckily, but not quite as thick. That could just be a texture change though and it might just feel that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic