Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Absolute beginner - pls help with wig cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
foi1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foi1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolute beginner - pls help with wig cap
    Posted: December 28 2009 at 5:13pm
Hello there,

I was wondering, does everyone wear a wig cap under their lace wig?
Do you glue it to your skin? If not, doesnt it slip off under the wig?

Why do you have to wear a wig cap?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 6:56pm
i don't wear one i use too.. but yea i would glue to my skin the wig cap and then place the unit right in fron of the wig cap so you couldn't see the beginning of the wig cap..
foi1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foi1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 9:02am
Okay then. In that case. I think that I will increase my front to nape measurement by half an inch.
latoya626 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latoya626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 8:56pm
Here is a Great Article On Installation http://www.discountbeautydepot.com/how-to-install.html
foi1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foi1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 3:49pm
Thanks latoya626. I will take a look.
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 1:17am
I wear on underneath, but some people have a problem with their wig caps moving back. I don't because I take my wig off every night (I don't glue it down)
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 11:16pm
People were wig caps under their lace wigs to prevent their hair (especially dark hair) from being visible when the wig is parted. This is especially the case when your unit is created with a finer lace.

The wig cap does not have to be glued down however it does need to be secured in order to prevent slipping. Most of our readers prefer sewing the wig cap around the perimeter of their tracks instead of gluing.

Another option, if you do not want to wear a cap and you do want to wear a part, is a silk base. This silk material is generally placed only at the crown (about 5" x 5") and the hairs are injected into this BREATHABLE material to create a natural look while concealing the color of your own hair underneath. Check out the images in our article.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:55pm
I've always wanted to try a silk base, but I debating about ordering one from a CV. The silk bases are relatively small
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic