Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flat buns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat buns
    Posted: October 23 2003 at 6:18pm
For a class at school, I need my hair in a bun, off the collar, and was recently told that my former method (a simple bun) would not work anymore and that it needs to be flat. He described it as going longways up. I'm not quite sure what that means and would love any help I can get.

My hair is also pretty long, a little past my elbows, if that helps with anything.

Thanks.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2003 at 4:03pm
Hi, Lee

I don't relly know what your teacher was talking about. Was it some kind of French pleat maybe?

What class are you doing, and why do you need it flat? If you could say why, it would really make it easier to help you

Try asking you teacher again next time you see them, a I'm sure they won't mind explaining to you a little more clearly.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Lee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2003 at 5:19pm
It's for JROTC, and the hair off the collar just goes with the dress code. A bun is about the only thing I can get to work. And it needs to be flat because if it protrudes too much, it pushes the hat out when we have to wear them, which really screws it up.

I had to dress out again today and he didn't say anything was wrong with the way I did it, which was just a lower, kind-of nape bun. So maybe that'll end up working, but I'll ask him.

And thanks for answering!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic