Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tangled, Matted Sew-in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PrincessB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tangled, Matted Sew-in
    Posted: January 04 2010 at 4:45pm
Ok so I'm trying to go back to natural, so instead of cutting my hair immediately I decided to get a sew-in.  I've had this done several times in the past and LOVE them!  I usually get MilkyWay Indian Remy hair.  This time I tried something different (gasp!).  I decided to try a Wet and Wavy Remy hair.  It was cute in the beginning.  It didn't look too great straightened, but when it was wavy it was a good look...for the first couple days.  But now.....it's a HOT MATTED MESS!! Angry  It was like all of the sudden the hair had a mind of it's own and it wanted to be dreds!   I wanted to take it out all together but I feel like my money will be gone down the drain if I do since it's only been in for a week now. 

Is there any way I can salvage this mess???  Please help!
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 1:50pm
Unfortunately, we have not heard of any products that would help to rejuvenate hair once it has gone into it's "matted" stage. The only thing we could say is be careful of the term "Remy" when it stands alone. If it does not say 100% Remy, odds are it might be a blend. The best way to determine the quality is the price. If you see "Remy" hair for about $50-70 and its 22" long, odds are, it is a blend. It does not have to say "blend" as long as it contains "some" Remy human hair...
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
Weave Master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weave Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:28pm
Hey girl

I know that by now you have probably already fixed the problem,but the type of hair you by and brand also play a part. Alot of time doing a full head with out any hair left out can tangle sometimes because the hair is not coming from the scalp but a good quality hair will help to minimize the problems. Pm me if you need more info if you like.
Public.fotki.com/1marilyn1 (Check out my work)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic